creepy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosalie wrote:
No im hoping nothing has happened but i have read a lot of first litters die do u think she miscarried cause if im right today would be day 32 or 33
:pray: It's really tough on first time mommies. Yes, I've read that too, and have read many blogs with many first time mommies that didn't have a happy ending with easy deliveries and healthy kits. If she miscarried, wouldn't you have seen something? Sorry no experience here. I did read and have read advise that you should wait to at least 35 days. 30 days is the goal. Like humans, I don't think I've met anyone who had their children right on the due date. Maybe she'll go later because this is her first time?

How is she doing in the mean time? Eating, drinking, pooping, peeing?

K :)

Rosalie wrote:
yeah everything is normal eating and drinking and stuff wise but she is sleeping more

Maybe she's just late and now is building up energy for the big day. I'm glad everything else is normal. My only advise would be observe her for a couple more days. Could be a false pregnancy. Never know. Read about them too.

Wish I could be of more help. Please keep me posted. Really would like to know how she makes out.

False pregnancies are common, as are extended pregnancies. There are a multitude of things that could go wrong, especially since she's a first time Mom. I'm not trying to scare you at all; just don't get your hopes too high up for a big, healthy, successful litter the first time around. It's fairly rare.

I hope it turns out to be a false pregnancy, and not something more serious. Please keep us posted.

xx

Can false pregnancies make the illusion of little babies
moving in her tummy though? Seems odd.

Hopefully they come through just fine.
But maybe if it goes further than 35 days... would you consider taking her to a vet??

I could be a complete ignoramus but my friends cow didn't
deliver fast enough and the calf died in her and was stuck
and she passed away from blood poisoning. Sorry if nothing
I just said is relevant to the situation at all...

I'll pray for her :pray:

Bonnie Lee wrote:
Can false pregnancies make the illusion of little babies
moving in her tummy though? Seems odd.

Hopefully they come through just fine.
But maybe if it goes further than 35 days... would you consider taking her to a vet??

I could be a complete ignoramus but my friends cow didn't
deliver fast enough and the calf died in her and was stuck
and she passed away from blood poisoning. Sorry if nothing
I just said is relevant to the situation at all...

I'll pray for her :pray:

You're not an ignoramus (although I love that word, hah!). Sometimes, kits can die in utuero, and either the Mom will retain them forever (and maybe they will be re-aborbed, but doubtful if they died when close to term) or have a dead litter. Sometimes this can happen if that kits are too big for her to pass safely, i.e. if the buck bred to her was bigger than her.

Now having said that, in the past I have had does that I was SURE were pregnant and I panicked thinking that they were retaining kits and going way over 31 days, and it turned out that they were not pregnant...and I have also had does go to 32 and 33 days before with no problems.

It's possible that the movement you thought were babies was just the intestines moving, which can commonly be mistaken for kits.

There are a few ways that you can try to induce labor that won't harm her if she isn't pregnant, like feeding parsley or lilac. You'd have to do some online ressearch for that though.

I was going to add that, like Grace said, might have just been the intestines moving. I've seen that happen with Harvey, and it is a bit creepy. haha.

I couldn't really see anything in the vids, I didn't get a really good look tho.

babies.jpg

Can't really tell what I'm looking at but they're baby bunnies so....
CUTE!
Jj

not sure they were an accident the person i had come take care of my bunnies let them play together.. even though i asked them not to so there were about 5 days of play with it

So glad to hear Mom and bunnies (and it's not gas) are doing well.

Not bad, 5 live kits for a first time Mom. How's Mom doing? I know she didn't pull her fur because she's a first time Mom. You can help her by putting cotton balls or soft grass in there for her. Watch straw because that can irritate little eyes as they open.

Please keep us posted. Would love to see them grow.

She used the nest i built as a toilet and ate the hay :( and Idk if she is feeding them i built another nest with some of her fur and some papertowels

Latest posts

Back