Cranberries

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy27

Task Force
Reaction score
I am trying to find fresh cranberries to feed my bunny. I have been to two different grocery stores and looked in the fresh produce and frozen section. I have never bought cranberries before because I hate them, but I am I missing something?

For those of you who buy fresh ones where do you get them? What section of the store? Do you just get them at your regular grocery store?

Thanks for your help.

I can usually find them with the other frozen fruit year-round. It's onlyin the fresh fruit sectionwhen it's in season in the fall. It probably depends on what grocery chains you have by you, but I have Pick 'n Save and Piggly Wiggly by me.

Maybe you could call around and have an employeefind outfor you? Thatway you wouldn't have to do so much running and searching. I wonder if Super Walmarts have them? I don't go there much because their greens aren'tvery good.

Thanks for the replies.

Just curious naturestee in the fall do you buy the fresh ones in produce to feed your buns? Do they seem to like those better?

NorthernAutumn thanks I didn't even think of Whole Foods because they are farther away and I never go there but they did have them. I bought 3 bags and I get home and neither of my buns like them lol go figure. I will keep trying though.

Little boogers...
Maybe if you cut them in half and dip the wet side in sugar?
(Rabbits commence zooming around your house...)

Hmm, I think I'm going to look for some cranberries for my bunnies and see if they like them. :)

Good luck finding some, can please tell us how your bunners liked them?. :p

Karlee

My guys will eat them while still frozen! Tony does like to wait for it to thaw a bit, but Muffin is after it right away!

My guys will eat them while still frozen! Tony does like to wait for it to thaw a bit, but Muffin is after it right away!

I also found dried cranberries at Whole Foods that were sweetened not with sugar but with apple juice, which might be better than the Craisins. The bunnies at the shelter sure like them! (Whole Foods is where I stop on the way in to pick up foods for the shelter buns.)

I can find them at Meijer, Wal Mart, and Kroger in the fresh section in the fall and eary winter. They still have them right now, actually.

Other than that, I just buy frozen.

My bun isn't too fond of them after a bit, but will nibble for awhile. I actually buy them for my rats, who love them.

Do you buy dried craisins? My guys LOVE them! I buy fresh cranberries in the fall when they are harvested. I freeze them right away, though. Cranberries are a big thing in Wisconsin... There's even a cranberry festival in the fall. We need to get out more...

Latest posts

Back