Craisens!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggie0506

Reaction score
Flurry goes bonkers over craisens, if she even hears the bag crinkle she starts to get excited! I think it's because my mom was feeding her while I was sick I think she gave her a couple more than just one... Do your rabbits go crazy for craisens?

Don't mean to sound daft, but what are they? :D

My bunnies go mad for broccoli, fruit crunchies and any form of drops. Though Dolly is very picky and will only eat the milk drops :?

Mine do like them, but I won't let them have actual Craisins. They are way too high in sugar.

I give no-sugar-added dried papaya pieces (Sweet Meadow Farms brand) instead, which they absolutely go crazy for.

...my bunnies love them...but i normally end up eatin them all before they get to them -.-

BethM wrote:
Mine do like them, but I won't let them have actual Craisins. They are way too high in sugar.

I give no-sugar-added dried papaya pieces (Sweet Meadow Farms brand) instead, which they absolutely go crazy for.
Same! Otto loves those papaya pieces :D

General goes crazy for Craisins, and banana chips. :D Haven't found any apple chips yet, but that'll be his next dried treat.

He loves fresh stuff the most, though! Broccoli, and small pieces of fruit and veg (apple, banana, carrot, celery, pear, mostly.)
He also gets cantalope, honeydew, and watermelon, if we have it. c:

pixibunni wrote:
Don't mean to sound daft, but what are they? :D
"Craisins" is the Ocean Spray trademark for dried cranberries. The generic product, which some supermarkets here sell in bulk, is cheaper and at least our Wegmans sells a reduced- (if not no-) sugar version.

In our house, all you have to do is mention the word "Craisin"...
scone1801craisins.jpg

MikeScone wrote:
In our house, all you have to do is mention the word "Craisin"...
scone1801craisins.jpg
:roflmao:That has got to be one of the funniest pictures I have seen! Thanks for making me have a good laugh, I sure needed it!

Are you kidding me? He demands them! Up on his hinnies in his huge cage on his begging level or at his door! Sheesh, those Craisens!:) Snuff is allowed 3 about twice a week, sometimes, three times, but that's it! Little sheezoos:p.

Axel is my Craisin addict here... he is pretty reserved until he hears the bag crinkle...

Denise

Mine have had Craisins before, but they like golden raisins just as much and raisins are cheaper, don't have added sugar, and I like them too. So golden raisins it is! They only get raisins once a month or so though. I don't really "do" treats that often, my guys like fruits and veggies just as much as treats and they can have more of them, so I feed them that.

I don't feed crasians because of the 26 grames of sugar. That is just way too much, even in moderation. I also don't feed rasains because I heard they are high addictive and for something with lots of sugar (Esp for my chinchillas) its bad.
I buy in bulk all of my products, and I also have chinchillas so I usually buy what they both can eat,
For instance Purina Advanced Show Formula is a high quality chinchilla food too.
So I get dried papaya, dried bannanas (Chins do not get those), dried rose hips (Rabbits ignore them however), dried carrots (Chins do not get), and sometimes certian nuts.
and there favorite is OATS. They can't get enough oats. And its hard to feed them in moderation because they love them so much, so I feed only a tinsy bit everyday. Its a favortie with my hamster too.

:)

Latest posts

Back