Craigslist?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KittyKatMe

Reaction score
I made an ad on craigslist for the 6 babies I have left. I am very happy with the ad, it has good pictures, and a good amount of info. They are $15. Today, I got a reply that said:
Hi, i am interested in a bunny
It seemed extremely short, but i have never done this before, so I don't know. I don't know what to say back, because she gave me almost no information. I want to ask her a bazillion questions, but I know it would be rude. What should I say? i want to be flexible and agreeable, but i'm defenitely NOT just trying to make a sale. If craigslist doesn't work, I guess I'll just be a mother of 9!

Is that all it said?
It may have been a kid or someone young.
I would ask them the questions that you want to ask to ensure you find the right homes for your buns. I would also ask how old the person is.

Could be legit. Could be spam. Could be a kid.

You don't need to go into a million questions the first email back but ask an open ended question to see how they answer. Like, "great, thanks for your interest. What lead you to my rabbits?" OR "have you ever owned a rabbit before?"

If questions still seem legit some people ask a prospective buyer to name a local landmark to weed out spam.

Once further into the email, you can ask more questions to rule out any unwanted buyers.

If it were me, I'd probably just tell them thanks for their email and tell them you have a few questions you are asking all prospective owners. Give them just a few questions at first that you know would rule out good owners from bad. If they don't reply or don't want to answer, then they probably aren't the kind of person you wanted to have your babies anyway :)

You could ask for a phone number if they do reply to have a good chat with them. When I had baby bunnies before, I would google their number too. You'd be amazed at what you'd find. One person in particular was constanting just buying and selling animals.

Good luck!

Write up some basic questions that you can send to anyone who responds (at least those who don't come off as a immediate no). They should be basic enough to not scare people away, but give you enough info on what the person wants and what they know about rabbits. Questions about what cage or housing they will use, what they will feed (try to get brand of pellets if you can), if they plan on spaying or neutering the rabbit, why they want the rabbit and who is the rabbit for. You can add some more as well. These are basic enough that anyone serious will be comfortable answering them and will help weed out the people who are not serious (they tend to not reply back) and you can then go on to help the people if they need it or decide not the sell them a rabbit.

I agree with the others - I would politely explain that you've got some questions that you ask all potential buyers because you want to make sure that your bunnies are going to go to good "forever" homes.

Agreed with the above.
I would list on a site like kijjiji or hobbly.
I've found some decent owners off the sites. Hobbly is mainly breeders that post.
Ive found craigslist can be so iffy..

Latest posts

Back