Covid advise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne Armstrong

Reaction score
Hi, my son and I currently have covid and are unsure if we can pass it on to our beloved bunnies, I have tried looking this up but not found much advise. Does anyone have any knowledge on this and the best steps to take to keep our family of bunnies safe

It's recommended to take similar precautions as you would use with people, when possible. Limit your exposure to them, and mask up and wash up prior to being in proximity to them. And if you notice worrying symptoms like breathing issues or unusual lethargy/lack of appetite, phone your vet, inform them of the possible covid exposure. and have your rabbit brought to the vet for treatment.

https://rabbit.org/covid-19/
Best wishes for you and your son, and for a speedy recovery.

I believe that they have dogs and other animals have tested positive. I do not think they are getting sick like people though. To be honest they were probably exposed to you before testing positive. Making sure they have a clean area, plenty of fresh hay, food and water is important. Call the vet now and ask. If you are in quarantine what can you do for the rabbits if they are sick? Just come up with a plan to keep them as healthy as possible while you recover. Best wishes as you heal.

Thank you or your kind thoughts for my son and I. We cuddle our bunnies daily up until we tested positive. They are all seeming fit and well and my son's dad who is covid clear is taking care of them until we recover. I rang the vet and all they advised is mask etc or best just keep clear to be sure. I so miss the cuddles as does my son. Especially as they are terrified of fireworks and normally spend a lot of time with us right now. My son's dad is allergic so he can't cuddle them. But he's put them a fluffy blanket in each home. I think he thinks it's a good as a cuddle lol bless him. He's not a bunny lover 🤦‍♀️

Latest posts

Back