couple questions bout Chinny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowena

Reaction score
Now, when I go to get her pellet bowl and putpellets, she makes growly noises? Im not sure they are her being meaneither. But every time I get that bowl, she makes them. Very strange.Is this normal? LOL

AND will dried papaya make her urine orange? It wasnt before, and shehad a small piece last night after cage cleaning, and now there isorange pee spots in her cage? Im gonna keep an eye on her, I know theirurine can do that, but its definately new and noticable

Virginia

Hit her with a brick!!!!:D:D(ok, before anyone freaks out its an inside joke withRowena and I ;))

As for the urine I dunno if papaya will do it, the tablets I give minewith that in it don't seem to do so...but orange urine isn't uncommonas you know....

I've never heard one growl like that...hope Keely never does..YIKESthat'd scare the dog most likely!! I agree its most likely aterritorial thing...hopefully spaying her will help some of that!

Rowena wrote:
Now, when I go to get her pellet bowl and put pellets, shemakes growly noises? Im not sure they are her being mean either. Butevery time I get that bowl, she makes them. Very strange. Is thisnormal? LOL

For a territorial girl - yep - it's normal. Miss Bea isterritorial about her whole cage and she hates it when I put my hand into give her food or change her litter box, etc.

Peg

Yea, I was figuring it was normal, but wanted tobe sure lol She is mad too, cuz I made it so she cannot move her litterbox. But now she is peeing in the corner next to it *sigh* Her litterhabits have gone WAY downhill!!!!!!!!

And her urine isnt orange now, so Im guessing it was the piece of papaya. Heck I dont know.

Virginia

Rowena Icant remember is shespayed ? , If not she may be coming intoa rabbit version of wanting to mate ,Its typical of Dutch to talk,they grumble and moan , squeakand squeal expecially when THEYthink its breeding time ,

If sheis spayed itcan still be the samechatty talking , most likely sheis telling you off aboutsome unknow wrong you did , Ha!probably locking down the litter box ,Dutch are the more social vocalof the rabbit family , One ofthe main reasons I love Dutchso much ,

oh nearly forgot ifshe isnt charging youor batting her front feet at you ,or trying to bite , she is not! being territorial , she isjust telling you off .

Thanks gypsy. She isnt spayed yet. I am waitinguntil we have moved, since I know there are rabbit vets in Reno. Thereis a rescue there and all their buns are spayed or neutered. I justdont really trust the vets here for her, unless its an emergency.

That is kind of what I was figuring her growling was about. She hasnttried attacking me in awhile now. SHe used to come at me with her frontfeet. No biting ever, which is good. But she has scratched me and shescratched Caitlyn one time as well.

Virginia

Latest posts

Back