count down to christmas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dazzy_14 wrote:
does anyone know where xmas came from??
Ok...I knew it had to do w/ the birth of Jesus Christ...but you had me go looking for more information.

I found this (which I found interesting)...

The word Christmas originated as a compound meaning "Christ's mass". It is derived from the Middle English Christemasse and Old English Cristes mæsse, a phrase first recorded in 1038.[5][/sup] "Cristes" is from Greek christos and "mæsse" is from Latin missa. In early Greek versions of the New Testament, the letter Χ (chi), is the first letter of Christ. Since the mid-16th century Χ, or the similar Roman letter X, has been used as an abbreviation for Christ.[8][/sup] Hence, Xmas is often used as an abbreviation for Christmas.
After the conversion of Anglo-Saxon Britain in the very early 7th century, Christmas was referred to as geol,[5][/sup] the name of the pre-Christian winter festival from which the current English word 'Yule' is derived.[9][/sup]
Lots more interesting stuff here too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas

Becca wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
I not big into chiristmas it's O.K. though. Just isn't the same once you stop believing in santa!
You don't beleive in Santa :shock: Errm Santa IS real...... *** Remember the children on this forum Paul :D Go santa!!
Never said he wasn't real just said I had lost my faith in Good old saint Nick!!!:shock2:

Santa is real to those who believe in him. Which I firmly believe there is still one. :)

Another double sorry :( I was watchin i'm a celeb

29 DAYS
28 DAYS

I'm gonna be brunette when it comes to christmas WOO :D
I can't wait :p

My mom always said, you don't beleive then you don't get. Meaning you don't belive in Santa then he won't see you. And I'm expecting him to visit this year.. hopefully not bearing cole.

[align=center]Count down till the end of school

[/align]I'm trying to find something to do each day when I get home from school.

Wednesday 3rd Dec - Friend Coming Round

Thursday 4th Dec - Clean Out Rabbits

Friday 5th Dec - Ylenia's Party

Monday 8th Dec -

Tuesday 9th Dec - Fays House

Wednesday 10th Dec

Thursday 11th Dec

Friday 12th Dec

Monday 15th Dec

Tuesday 16th Dec - Fay Coming Round

Wednesday 17th Dec

Thursday 18th Dec

Friday (Half Day) 19th Dec

I have a few days left to fill, can anyone give me ideas? Becuase I get really bored and excited thinking about Christmas!

I have made a Christmas video on youtube [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z3hRAmv5y3Y] here[/ame]

It's been four days :( i'm sorry i have been really busy

24 DAYS

23 DAYS

22 DAYS

21 DAYS

I have this really cool christmas countdown thing! Its like a holder for blocks and the blocks have numbers so you can switch them to say 23, 22, 3, four, and so on days left till xmas! It is really neat, and there is a little snowman at the top.

Daisy hasn't done it for ages, I think she may of forgotten, i hope she doesn't mind me doing it for her!!!

20 Days

19 Days

18 Days

17 Days

16 Days

15 Days

14 Days

Not long now people!!!!!

I'm so excited :shock:

Latest posts

Back