Could the ear mite treatment caused my rabbit to have seizures?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagomorphic

Reaction score
I took 4 rabbits that live together to the vet, as I suspected that at least 2 of them had ear mites. The test came back positive, so he treated them. I believe he used something that he uses on cats with ear mites.

Could what he used, caused 1 of them to have seizures?

Thanks

It's tough to know without knowing what product he used. Some treatments used on cats are definitely not safe for rabbits, but you would need to call the vet and ask what medication was used.

Hi I read your other post and the only way to find out if the medication used for treating the ear mites are bad is if you ask the vet who is treating them. You need to ask that vet to tell you the medication being used so you can post it on here so people can help you and your bunny. This is horrific :( it seems like your bun is having a really tough time! So even if you can't see the vet in person, definitely make a phone call!

It's tough to know without knowing what product he used. Some treatments used on cats are definitely not safe for rabbits, but you would need to call the vet and ask what medication was used.

The product was Ivermectina. The vet said that he uses it on dogs with mites.

Rabbits who arre of the Dutch breed and those that are blue eyed whites, or have it in their background, are sensitive to ivermectin and it shouldn't be used on them. Otherwise, assuming the dosage was correct it wouldn't normally cause a problem.

Back