Could my rabbit be pregnant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsy12

Reaction score
Im just wondering if my rabbit could be pregnant because shes usally an outgoing jumping about rabbit but today she sits in the corner of the sleeping areo of the hutch and when shes out she either hides under a cardboard box or under a plastic tunnel thing

P.S i have a male rabbit as well LuLu (4 1/4 months old)
And yes LuLu is a girls name but LuLu was supposed to be a female but tuened out a male :rollseyes

nope, they hit puberty around 4-6 mo. I highly doubt it. Has the buck tried mounting her or anything? I still would *HIGHLY* doubt this.

How's her eating, pooping, water drinking etc.? Any other changes?

I havnt seen him try mount her and shes eating pooping a drinking same as normal and will she only come into season whens she matured?

Even if you want to breed in the future, you need to keep them apart. It is not healthy for a doe to get pregnant that young. Just because an animal can get pregnant at a young age does not mean she should get pregnant. She should not really be bred until she is 6-8 months.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Even if you want to breed in the future, you need to keep them apart. It is not healthy for a doe to get pregnant that young. Just because an animal can get pregnant at a young age does not mean she should get pregnant. She should not really be bred until she is 6-8 months.
I agree 100%. Its not safe at all. You could end up risking your bunny's life just because you didn't want to wait a couple months.

Latest posts

Back