Could my rabbit be pregnant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex 2007

Reaction score
Hi

My female rabbit's behaviour has changed over the last 2 weeks, sheis5 months old, and we accidentally had her out with my malerabbit, who had his wicked way with her.
icon_redface.gif

Anyway since then she has been eating alot more, she has becomeaggressive if you try and pick her up. She was making lots of gruntingnoises this morning. She has become territorial of her hutch, and shehas been practising building nests (i think) I had to clean her hutchout, with her in it this morning, because she wouldnt let me pick herup. She didnt mind to much.

When was she with the buck? Gestation is usually about a month, and she is old enough to be pregnant.

Some does go through false pregnancies where they get very moody andbuild nests, but if she's in the right time frame to be giving birththen that is more likely.

BTW, are you getting the boy neutered so you don't have to worry about accidents?

She was with him 2 weeks ago.

YES I will be getting them both spayed and neutered definatley.

I will be taking my male in next month,to beneutered,and if my female isn't pregnant, I will take her into bespayed ASAP.

They both live seperately at the moment, but i would like them to livetogether once they have been done. How long would you recommend beforethey can live together.

Good to hear! You should wait until amonth after the girl has been spayed. That allows her to healand for her hormones to decrease. You should also give theboy a month too, to let hormones decrease and because he'll still haveviable sperm for about a month after the surgery.

Good luck with the bonding! And I hope sh'e's not pregnant.

If you can remember the day that they gottogether, then count 26 days from the date, and provide her with a boxto build a nest in. The gestation is 28-32 days.

Some does will start building and rebuilding nests through out thepregnancy, and others will only build right before giving birth, soit's hard to tell.

The other signs could be pregnancy, and it could also just be hormonal teenage behaviour.

But in another two weeks, you should find out for sure. Iwould also give the boy about 3-4 weeks before letting him near thegirl again so all his sperm and hormones can die off.

--Dawn

:yeahthat

Some people leave the rabbits for 2 months after the operation, just tobe one hundred percent sure that he's safe. But leaving him for 3-5weeks should be enough. Just keep an eye on him to make sure hishormones aren't still kicking in :)

Rachel.

Latest posts

Back