could it be snuffles?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms.Jess

Reaction score
when my 10 month old doebunny is molting (she did it a few times last molt in early june then not at all for months) she seems to "blow" her nose and wipe at it with her paws. It's only occationally but she seems to be trying to clear her sinuses. she has no mucus or anything like that and no watery eyes and she is her usual self also I checked her paws and don't see any thing on them.I was wondering if sounds like snuffles or if it sounds more like an irritation from her shedded hair getting in her noseI confess I have been less than great amout grooming her this time. is she sick or not? She had never had any health problems and she is a single lady with no bunny friends. She eats about a 1/3 cup of fortidiet pellets unlimited hay and about 2 cups of veggies a day.

I agree that it sounds like she might be getting stuff in her nose, if there isn't any mucus. Bunnies also sometimes get dust in their noses, from hay or such. Since it seems to coincide with her molting, it's probably not a tooth root issue either, which is another problem that can cause nose issues for bunnies. Basically the roots of the teeth can get infected and the swelling tissue can put pressure on the nasal passages, leading to sneezing and mucus. If it were more constant, you might want to have her teeth looked at, but since it's only during shedding and she's not oozing mucus it is probably just stuff getting up there.

Latest posts

Back