Could it be.....naaaaaa

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
YEAH I am back, so tospeak....been horrendously busy the last few days (GASP even worked aSaturday)

On Saturday night,I heard a tremendous commotion coming from the bathroom! When I dashedin, much to my amazement Jade was having a tug of war contest with theshower curtain (and believe me, Jade was winning....I think I arrivedin time to save the helpless showercurtain)

What had gotten into her? And this wasnt the last of her antics! Sundaynight she decided her second victim inher grand scheme ofthings was to be a shirt tucked away in a drawer that she could stickher nose in and pull until her hearts content....

Again, I thought, my poor bunny is losing her mind, this just isnt likeher!

I finally figured it out Monday morning, to make a long story short~

Crazy girl is building a nest box, and is in the process of foragingand gathering. You know, for her non existent forthcoming children. Ohif it was only the real thing, I would be so proud, she has such a finenest box built already.

My dilemma is this, I need to change her litterbox/nest box. Now muchto my dismay am I going to be the proud owner of a furless rabbit if Ido keep taking her nest box/litter box and she keeps pulling her fur toRE-build it?

Its amusing and sad all at the sametime

Cher & Jade

I don't have an answer to your dilemma as I'mstill learning about this whole rabbit thing. But I did want to saythat I loved the story! I could just she her tugging on that showercurtain with all her might. Too cute!

I could send you some of Mr. Wiggles hair LOL he has plenty spare hehehe

Can you take out any of the hair that she's made her nest with and putit back into the box after it's clean? If it's soiled maybe you couldwash it :?

Megan

Well well well, Cher. You've certainlymet your match! Baby girl's having some hormonal issues,hmm? You're just going to have to ride the wave.

Keep us posted. I've missed seeing you here.

-Carolyn

Bunnies do the cwaziestthings! Who cansay

Never have had the problem to deal with, but perhaps providing suitablenest building materials easily at hand, may reduce destruction of otheritems. She'll pull her own fur, one way or the other, unlessyou fit her with a collar, until the espisode passes.

What about providing placebo babies in the form of softdollies or thelike?

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
What about providing placebo babies in the form of soft dollies or the like?
Is this something that can be done to comfort Jade, or are you pulling our legs Buck? I think it's the sweetest idea I've read.

Good luck with Jade and her raging hormones. I hope there is something that can comfort and calm down the poor little dear.

Has she scowled at you yet and yelled, "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" while slamming her cage door?

assuggested, I am riding this one out. Seems the nutball decided it wasfaaaaaaaaaaaar to much work to try and do all over again and is rightback to her normal (such a thing in bunny lingo?) self.

Last night she wasbackto flopping on the tile, nosudden burst's of protective behaviour of her cage. And the showercurtain? Well, she lookedat it like she had never evenaccosted the poor thing, and sidled on by it to getto the tub!

See what happens, we panic one day and the next day we arethinking"Was that adream?" AmIparanoid? ?

hehe

Cher (thanks for all the advice btw, ifOR shall I say whenthis happens again, I willhave some idea's)

Latest posts

Back