Cotton safe for bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyluv96

Reaction score
Hello, just a quick question. I bought my bunny a little woven hay den and it seemed a bit scratchy so I put a good amount of cotton in it to soften it up and make it cozy. It's just cotton balls I had, but they're not synthetic they are 100% natural cotton. Is this ok for him to have? I have read that bunnies like to chew on just about everything and might injest some of what they chew, so is the cotton ok? I tore it up so it isn't solid balls just fluff but could it hurt him? Thanks!:bunny5

bunnyluv96 wrote:
Hello, just a quick question. I bought my bunny a little woven hay den and it seemed a bit scratchy so I put a good amount of cotton in it to soften it up and make it cozy. It's just cotton balls I had, but they're not synthetic they are 100% natural cotton. Is this ok for him to have? I have read that bunnies like to chew on just about everything and might injest some of what they chew, so is the cotton ok? I tore it up so it isn't solid balls just fluff but could it hurt him? Thanks!:bunny5
observation,,just in case-bunny will let you know if she don,t like it,,-i don,t believe there will be an issue,,she might just pee on them.??.-,thank you for not using pine,cedar,shavings -or clay--as theypose a health hazzard to buns-life,,-sincerely james waller:wave::rose::bunnydance:

I agree with Angel - remove it. Most bunnies will put everything in their mouths and cotton is not something they should be ingesting.

The hay might seem scratchy to us, but bunnies love it!

Oh ok! Well if it's dangerous it's gone, I don't want to take a chance. Thanks for letting me know!

Back