Cost for everything

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Per year, over $100 easily w/ two bunnies. This year (march 06-march 07), it was easily over $250.

Per visit: $50 for office visit, $35 for a checkup

Meds: Anywhere from $10-$40 ($26 for Baytril Oral, $48 for BaytrilOTIC, $15 for Metacam, $10 for Meclizine, $12.50 for Critical Care).

Plus when I had to take a day or two off of work when Latte had head tilt.

Would you like me to adjust your poll? I think something like:

$50 or less
$50-100
$100-150
$150-200
$200-250
$250 or more

Would work better.

Vet cost tend to be quite expensive. Not bad if your bunnystays healthy, but if you need treatment it can be quite costly.

I spent about $200 in the past year on spaying, and vet checkups. In about a month I will be taking all three of my guysin to checked out and that will cost just over $100.

--Dawn

gosh hard to tell, at least £500 probably more.I'm lucky though my vet gives me discount cause i have so many. lol.and thats just since january this year

Since the start of2007 (yes, only 3months!)I have had $350 in vet bills and that doesn't includeReese's spay here in a few weeks. So by the end of April it will be atleast $500.

Hmm..last year we spent a lot trying to treatBerri's abscesses, I'm not sure how much, maybe around £200 (roughly$400) and then of course there's all your routine stuff as well.

This year I'll have Pebble and Ebony's spays (£50 each so that's $200altogether) and I'll have the spay/neuter of my new bunny that'sanother £50/$100 and I'll possibly be getting another bunny this year(another spay/neuter). Again with routine stuff that's adding up toquite a lot, £150+/$300+ :?

Well, I spend $300 just in the last week...

I think for me it's about $300 a year for each bunny

HoneyPot wrote:
Well, I spend $300 just in the last week...

I think for me it's about $300 a year for each bunny

I changed it.

Unfortuatly it kept the same results from the old numbers, so it may bea bit skewed now... But it looks like quite a few people havespent more than $300 in the last year, so it might not be that skewed.

--Dawn

I'm trying to think of how much it has been forRaph this past year. :ponder:Anna's pretty easy...I paidapprox. $120 for her, and that included the cost of having her spayedat the vet's. She hasn't been back since, and her health seems fine, sothat's the only medical expense I've had with her.

Now...Raph...

He's been to my vet roughly 5 times this year, so that's $50.00 x 5 =$250.00 ($50.00 just to walk in the door each time). There have been acouple of times when he's been treated with antibiotics...so that'sapprox. $80.00. Was treated once for his ears...that was around $40.00.Another treatment once for his eye...around $30.00. Then he had a tripto an emergency vet...$140.00. All told that's not too bad...I think ittotals approx. $540.00 (give or take a few dollars) for the year. Butnow he's on Metacam for pain...that's costing me $35.00 per month....sothis year it'll be $420.00 just for pain meds alone.

Per bunny: Dandi was over $2500.00 hisfirst year with his ear surgery,neuter and abscess...and that bill ison going! If your talking cumulative for all thebunns...probably well over $3500.00. (We had 5 bunns lastyear):D

Tiggers accident has cost us 300 pounds so farand she's going to need follow up treatments and xrays so the final isgoing to be more like500 pounds.

Latest posts

Back