Coroplast ??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoh

Reaction score
Hopefully this isn't a double post, I thought I posted it but I'm not seeing it now.

For those of you who have used coroplast with sides for your cages,does it work best on the inside or outside? On the outside itcan't be chewed but poop will roll under the cage, on the inside it canbe chewed and it takes up a little bit of space. I have used it forcavies before and it has to be on the inside but for buns I'm wonderingwhat works best.

Any experience either way?

Thanks, Joy

i havnt had any personal experience but fromwhat ive heard from other on here that it is easier on the inside butif your rabbit is a chew you need to be prepared to reaplace it after awhile even if you just patch the sides!

I've done both inside and outside.

On the inside, it gets chewed but it doesn't take up too much space as I cut mine to fit snuggly.

On the outside, I found it hard to clean. Hay would get stuckunder the grids and if there was a litter box accident pee would getunder the grids requiring the grids to be lifted to get underneath.

When I built my most recent cages, I used a plywood box, covered theinside with linolium, and covered top edge lined with a metalgaurd. It was more expensive than coroplast, but works waybetter. I get the plusses of both coroplastmethods. It's easy to clean and it doesn't get chewed.

But, if I had to choose a coroplast method I would chooseinside. Even if I had to replace it every 3-4 months, theease of cleaning makes up for it.

--Dawn

With Bandit's cageI built. Ididn't fold up the sides at all. I just sat the cage on topof the coroplast. I find it much eaiser to clean.Just sweep up the mess. Nothing gets caught. Butthats my personal preference.

Crystal (Bandit & Holly)

Well, I cut the coroplast tonight, Idid it on the inside because I thought it would be easier toclean. She has only had a litter box for one full day and isdoing remarkably well so hopefully when I have to replace it I won'thave to do the sides at all. The cavy cage web sitesays to make the sides 6 inches tall, I made them three, I didn't thinksix was necessary. She has been in the cage since yesterdaybut I wasn't able to get the coroplast until today so the cage bottomwas wrapped in a vinyl table cloth until tonight when I got the bottommade. After putting the cage back together and putting Lucyin she hopped around for a minute and then went right into her litterbox to pee....not bad for an 8 week old!

thanks for all of your input,

Joy

Latest posts

Back