Copying myLoki~

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score
Is Macey show material or does she have faults too? I'm just curious though, I think her ears are too long. @___@

Anyways, she's a holland lop. 4 pounds.

DSC02516.jpg

dsc02709qf4.jpg

macey02bylmontanalqt3.jpg

Montana, I just wanted to let you know that we aren't ignoring you! Pam is the best at giving evaluations of rabbits and she is so busy right now, and I think she is judging a show this weekend.

Boy, Macey is a pretty girl, and she sits so proud, too! I'll be glad to tell you what I see- but I'm not a judge- so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Yes, I think you are right- her ears are a bit over the ideal length. They should come to the bottom of the jaw/chin. They are beautiful, thick ears and are nice and wide- this traitcan sometimesbe hard to get and still have them fall all the way down like hers do.

Her head is wide (good!), but her shoulders are a bit long and narrow, giving her the appearance of having a neck. While all rabbits have necks, cobby breeds like the Hollands should look like their head is pressed directly onto their shoulders!! Lol!!
Is Macey show material or does she have faults too?

Just remember- No rabbit is free from faults- even a multiple Best in Show winner. If there were, we wouldn't need breeders, judges or shows to help guide our breeds to be as close the ideal standard as possible!! Macey's a beauty whether she'd win or not.

What a pretty girl! As Clarzoo mentioned, all rabbitshave some type of faults(some more than others).

Macey has good depth over the midsection and is posing properly. The first two photos of her look really nice, but the others do reveal some of her faults.

She does lack some width and roundness in the head (it's more obvious in the lower photos than in the top ones). She hasa nicely placed crown, with her ears falling directly behind the eyes (helps to camoflauge her narrower head). Her hears are a little long, but of good shape.

She's rather long in bone and very narrow and low throughout the shoulder. Although she has good depth through the midsection, she's narrow in the midsection and lacks width and depth throughout the hindquarter.

Pam

Latest posts

Back