Cooling question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rescue Momma

Reaction score
I was thinking of another way to help keep my bunnies cool when it is warm out.

I took cat litter boxes withdomed lidsso the bunnies would have little houses. During the winter I put hay in them to help keep them warm. So I was thinking I could get some play sand from Lowe's/Home Depot to put in the hutch in a box/or their housefor them to lay in when it is warm.

I have previously used fill dirt but thought the play sand would be cooler. It is alot like damp beach sand. Just wondering if any of you have any input. When I put the box in previously they loved it and sort of tried to dig in it. My male would just lay in it.I also have the marble tiles in there for them.

I plan on putting the frozen water bottles out for them when it gets hotter. I had fans on them but now with so many it is not possible. And being in Florida you never know when it's gonna rain and the electric power cords to the fans is not the greatest idea. Just wondering. :?

It's a neat idea. My main concern would be if they try to ingest the sand. That could really wreak havoc on their digestive systems.

I wouldn't use sand. It can get in their eyes, and atleast in reptiles it will cause impaction in the digestive system. Like Yurusumaji said, it's hard to tell what it will do to their digestive systems.

Ok what about just plain ole potting soil? Would that work better? Greasy loved his box of dirt before.I just don't have anywhere to just go get dirt like I did before and it even had some rocks in it. :(

Latest posts

Back