Cookie and Co

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djakarta

Reaction score
I was suffering from the " No Bunny to Come Home To" syndrome.

My last foster from my first foster family had been adopted, and the empty cage was verydepressing.

I was discussing possible new foster bunnies, when I received an email- a shelter bunny had just given birth to SIX babies- could I foster?

Six babies? I thought I'd had my hands full before with only two babies. This would require some thinking. Also, the mom sounded like she was in pretty bad shape.

She had come in 10 days earlier with her upper front teethbroken off at the gumline and another tooth that was abscessed ( which had been extracted) and a torn lower lip. She had been on antibiotics and had received treatment for fleas.

So the poor thing was thin, anemic and recovering from an extraction. How much special care was she going to need? Would I be in wayover my head?

Turns out that her upper teeth had already started growing in, she was eating without assistance. She had finished her medications. She was mostly in need of TLC.

So after some feverish discussion with my family and a fellow foster mom, I sent the email back- Yes!

This is Cookie.

Cookiecopy.jpg

Although, sometimes I think her name should be spelt "Kooky"

Cookieontilecopy.jpg

These are her babies. ( 9/30 One day old)

Babies930daytwocopy.jpg

Baby bunnies grow so fast!

10/1 2 Days old

Babies101day3copy.jpg

10/2

day4babiesgroupcopy.jpg

10/3

Day4PM4copy.jpg

day5103blackdutchcopy.jpg

day4clpseupsmilecopy.jpg

day4closeupprofilecopy.jpg

day4closeupgreydutchcopy.jpg

day4closeupgreycopy.jpg

So that's closeups for 5. There always seems to be someone buried at the bottom of the pile, that I can't see. Luckily, # 6 was on the top of the pile the next day. He only has one eye patch, the rest of his face is white.

10/4

day6104group3copy.jpg

# 6 !!

day6sparkytarjaycopy.jpg

Look- it's a blaze!

day6blazecopy.jpg

I love the chocolate blazed one :shock:!

They are beautiful! I already have "mine" chosen... the one with half black on the body, and the one with the kind of "Boston Terrier" markings on it's head.

What dolls!

OMG those babies are just ttooo cute :hearts

In the first pic of the 10/5 ones, the baby that is in the upperleft hand corner is my fav! Such a unique coloring~

Awww - so adorable! Looks like daddy may have been a Dutch?

Can't wait to see them grow.

It's so great that you were able to take them in.

Cookie, herself, has a cute little white marking on her nose, so she must have some Dutch as well. I'll never know who the papa bunny was, but looking at the babies, I'm sure he must have been handsome!

10/6 1 week old

day8106group2copy.jpg

day8106closeupcopy.jpg

day8106groupcopy.jpg

day8sparkycloseupcopy.jpg

Pretty mama bunny, Cookie

Cookieoneearupcopy.jpg

I wish I knew what she's saying here..

107Cookieinhayboxcopy.jpg

She's been settling in nicely and has even begun playing with her toys. At first she was way too serious, but now she digs and chews on her sea grass mat and rolls and throws her stacking cups. Her favorite toy is still the card board tube. I need to capture her tube tossing skills on my camera!

She has identiified me as "the food lady" and comes up to beg for treats whenever the refridgerator door opens. Who could resist this face?

107blurredCookiecopy.jpg

They are perfect.:biggrin2:

[align=left]this one
I wish I knew what she's saying here..
needs to go on the disapproving bunnies site!
it's probably something like "get away from my babies, human!"
LOL
[/align][align=left]
[/align]

That is the cutest family I've ever seen! I am still completely in love with Cookie and those babies!! omg tha one with the heavy eyeliner is precious! and the blaze and the...... all of them!

Cookie needs to be your forever bunny so I can see her forever!

I agree with Bo B Bunny, Foster Mommy. I want to live here forever and ever and give you bunny kisses all the time. I promise I'll pick up my poos!

107Cookieinhayboxcopy.jpg

Wow they are all adorable! Im so happy to hear you have more bunny friends!

I was going to say, I see some dutch markings in there. Adorable :)

day7cutenosescopy.jpg

PS. I think you should keep Mama :biggrin2:

10/7

day9107group2copy.jpg

day9blazecopy.jpg

day9107groupcopy.jpg

day9whitechin2copy.jpg

day9twomismarkeddutchcopy.jpg

It's funny, my last foster group started escaping their nest box at this age. It scared me half to death when I started finding them out in the cage, eyes still shut tight. I was worried that 6 babies would be even more likely to wander out, but so far they seem content to stay together.

A couple of them look very much like their Mama!

Those babies have my heart. I can look at them all day long!

Cookie too. She's just precious!

10/10

Eyes are starting to open! The babies are trying to stand, but look very shaky on their feet.

day121010copy.jpg

Cautiously squinting

day121010graydutchcopy.jpg

Scratching an itch, ahh!

day12itchcopy.jpg

Baby bunny flop.

day124feetcopy.jpg

10/11

Eyes have opened! And the babies are suddenly much more coordinated. Instead of laboriously squirming, they are walking, crawling and trying to hop! They can stand and look around, orrelax in the meatloaf position. It makes them sudddenly look much older.

Sorry most of the pictures are dark. I didn't want to use the flash.

Meatloaf convention.

day13sleepingpileupcopy.jpg

Ears a'flaring

day13earsupcopy.jpg

day133standingcopy.jpg

Latest posts

Back