Controlling Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boygeorgie

Reaction score
[align=left]Helloeveryone, I'm new to this forum! Four months ago my fiance surprised mewith a bunny for my birthday. I had always wanted one as child but myparents would never give in. Anyway the bunny was so young I mistookhim for a girl up until recently when I discover his "secret", while hewas bathing himself. I named himGeorgie so it fitseither way. Georgie was easily litter trained and since he needed toget more excerciseI decided to bunny proof the house and lethim live outside his cage. He took to being out very well - the firstday! He knew to go in his litter pan. That's the last timegeorgie was sweet. He learned to hop on the couch and chair and thatwas the end. His favorite activity is sitting on the back of the couchand eating my hair. He loves kissing and he will do it for hours. Thisreally isn't a problem but if I am busy and can't give him attentionhe'll poop on the couch. Also when I go to bed at night and close thedoor he scratches at my door ... then he poops on the couch. So todeter him from that I let him sleep in my room under the bed. I livedwith this plan because he seemed to behave and there was no morepooping on the couch. (I'm sorry if this is long .. but I really needadvice) This morning my little dear learned to jump on the bed and mywits were at its end. He sat on my pillow chewing my hair andlicking my face until I got up. He continued to try to eat my hairwhile I was sitting on my couch. He was so determined he jumped on mypack and climbed up my shoulder! I gave him boxes to play with, thingsto dig with and chew on and yet he prefers to eat my hair. Is thisnormal rabbit behavior? Can anyone offer some advice. Is itbecause he needsto be fixed?I love him dearly but right now he's in hiscage looking sad.:([/align]

Getting him fixed is always a good thing. But it sounds to me like he really loves you, with all the grooming and everything.

One thing you could do is keep him in his cage during the night. Ourrabbits (I have three) all share a cage and although we let them out assoon as we get up, when we're in bed, they're in bed. It gives themstructure, plus not every rabbit is perfect and he may begin to destroythings you don't want him to.

I feel good with how I've raised my rabbits, they have free time allmorning/afternoon and into the night. Basically as long as I'm up, theyare.

sounds like thelittle bugger needs a time outwhen he missbehaves , When heis being so determinedI would personally cage him and lethim know Time Out ! put him in for 5minutes then llet him out again , if hepersists then time him out again . Makean Apointment with arabiit smart vet and gettinghim neutered will certainlycurb some of this activity .

hmmm i would get him fixed, and then get him agirlfriend to groom instead of u. i wish my rabbits loved meas much as urs obviously loves u :)

Just be aware that pairing him with a doe maymean less interest in you as well. This may beadvantageous in your case, but many people rather enjoygetting that kind of attention from their bun(s).

Buck

You said it, Buck. I one of thoseowners that finds all that attention a positive thing. If Ifound a guy that gaveme as much attention as my rabbit, I'dhave to marry him! Or get a restraining order - especially ifhe went #1 on thecouch because I wasn't giving him enoughattention. :p

I'm doing my very best to stop laughing over here... ...[sorry, ("trying not to laugh") ]. I have a bossy bun too, albeit notas"amorous" as yours seems to be... .

You've been given a lot of good advicethus far.

Let us know how it all turns out.

I know Georgie is really funny... I laugh abouthim too... I gave him a time out earlier for jumping on my back andpulling my hair. He did seem to do better afterwards. He did kind ofremind me of a prisoner banging a cup against the bars! lol!:p

My oldest cat likes to eat my hair when it's wet and uses me all she can. Your bunny sounds like he is in love.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back