Continental Giants!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah8000

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone on here have a continental Giant or Flemish Giant?

What personalities do they have.........?

Would lurrve to see some pics :)

I have a Conti called Bella. She has a fantastic personality, she's really friendly and will stand up and nudge my hand for pets, or lie down next to me. I love her!

_MG_5976bellab.jpg

_MG_6807bigb.jpg

_MG_6701b.jpg

I just got my first Flemmie last week. She's a 12 ( well 13 wks now) wk old Fawn.
I have to say, I immedietly fell in love with her personality. She is gentle. Laid back, very friendly, affectionate and a real clown. I love all of my rabbits ( I have a total of 7) but Deea has turned out to be my favorite in just a short time.
I was totally amazed at the difference in her personality compared to my others (4 Lionheads, 1 Fuzzy Mini Lop & 1 Rex/NZ mix). Her personality just seems to be decisive and shines through clearly.
She was completely litterbox trained in 4 days. That may not be all that unusual, but it took a bit longer for all of my other buns.
She is mischievious and ever so curious. She immedietly got laong with the dog and now stretches out beside him for a rest when she is out playing. She also likes to tease him by nibbling his little nubby tail and then runs.
There's just something different and wonderful about their personalities that makes them unique.
As I said, I love all of my buns dearly, but I have found my 'heart' breed. In the future, if I get any more buns, it's Flemish all the way.

deeadoyouhearwhatihear8_05_07-1.jpg

deea58_05_07-1.jpg

~Sealy

Oh Sealy, Deea is beautiful! :inlove:You are so lucky to have her. :)

I'd love a Conti someday, but not until I'm settled and that. :)

I have a pair of Flemish Giants....Andre The Giant and he is approaching 30 pounds (about 14kg) and Chyna "The Big Show" that is a little smaller. Both are true gentle giants even though Chyna came from an abuse case in which she nearly starved. She made her first public appearance in 2006 at the Vet School open house at NC State University. She did great and let everyone pet her....and seemed to be upset when she wasn't getting any attention. Andre went with Chyna this past spring and they were quite popular. I'll be posting some pics in our blog soon. They are quite a treat to have around but need lots of room. Both of ours live in huge dog crates and they love being able to stretch out and move around. And when they come out to play....watch out. It is amazing to see how high these huge rabbits can jump....and they do some spectacular binkies.

Randy

Michaela wrote:
Oh Sealy, Deea is beautiful! :inlove:You are so lucky to have her. :)

I'd love a Conti someday, but not until I'm settled and that. :)

Thanks Michaela! I;m soooo proud of her. She's my first show rabbit and I feel like some big shot cuz she has a tatoo lol ( such a silly simple thing). I've been waiting to really properly introduce her until I can take better pictures. I just feel these don't do her justice.

As far as Conti's go, I don't even think anyone has brought them over to the States yet, have they?

Randy,
Awww on your pair. That's a pretty big size! Deea's parents are both about 23 lbs, so I imagine she'll be close to that.
Deea hasn't done those spectacular binkies yet, she does little ones. But I bet they'll be coming! I'm looking forawards to it.

Jenson and Sealy, you both have such beautiful bunnies! I love Flemish, and if I had the room I'd definitely have one as a pet. But I had to say, I absolutely LOVE this picture in particular...just lookit those EARS!!!!!!! :inlove:

_MG_6807bigb.jpg

(As Robinmight say to Batman, "Holy auditory appendages!!!" ;))

I have Flemish, and they are wonderful! I can bring one in a let my four year olds play with him or her, and the bunnywill be totally ok with it. I wouldn't do that with just any rabbit.

i had a few flemmies when i bred, and can say that next to english lops, they are one of my fav. breeds.

my buck, bruno, would take really long naps with me in the rope hammok (sp?) we had. i would just lay there, and he would stretch out along my side and we would rock and snooze.

i think it is the funniest thing to see flemish binkie. . . they are so big and bulky that they kinda go everywere!

they are awesome, if i had the room i would get one again. . . one day. . .

100_0574.jpg

I had a flemish giant. She died a few mionths back. I miss her so much. She was not a gentle girl but she had plenty of reason.

Once we have a house we will get another.

I have a male 8 month old flemmish giant. It's nice not to have to bend over to give him treats :)
He thinks he is a small bunny though...but all my shelves and tables disagree.
The first night I brought him home...he was crazy and binkied everywhere. I had never seen a 7 pound (at the time) bunny binkie. I don't know if most are like this, but he is not remotley graceful and he runs in to doors and knocks stuff over.
Love him to death <3

Randy we need pictures of your Flemmies. PLEASE

Susan:runningrabbit:

PS

All the pictures of the other Bunnies on here are adorable.

The ears on the buns in these pics are spectacular! Really gorgeous!

I definitely would love to be owned by a Flemmie one day as well as an English Lop. I've always been enamoredby those breeds. :hearts:

Sealy wrote:
As far as Conti's go, I don't even think anyone has brought them over to the States yet, have they?

Yes, there are Continental Giants in the US. They were imported just recently and I only know of one guy who breeds them right now, but he has begun selling some of his stock. Very hard to come by! But so cute :D

I have Checkered Giants and they are pretty huge- definitely not as big as Cont. Giants. But I love their spots and their feisty personalities!

Heres my gentle giant Stanley, he is so sweet. he doesnt mind anything that the kids do to him. They lay him on his back and tickle his tummy, chase him, cuddle him.
He is my special bun.

100_0343.jpg

Latest posts

Back