contagious?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
Oki-dokey,

I have somehow caught Impetigo. I have just read up on it and it says its super contagious. since i sarted to even have signes on impetigo i have still picked up babii and all that luvy-duvy stuff and i am wondering if there is a way she might catch it.

All it really is, is huge coldsores all over my face (thank god its only on my chin) and my mouth. and if I weren't have gotten it checked out it probably would have turned into my blood and give me a blood infection. and possibly fatal. Anyways because I kissed babii (before i found out it was conatigious) do you think the it went to her not she has a blood infection or am i just being a woory-wort. Oh and is there any signs for her? should i check for sores or see if shes nusing a certain spot more then usual?

Ok, with regards to septacaemia (the blood infection/poisoning), with something like impetigo, I suspect it would take a while for it to get into the blood stream. I had blood poisoning and I ignored a lot of signs before I got to that point.

I don't know about impetigo in rabbits. Maybe it is worth calling your vet and asking if it is contagious. Just watch for signs of your bun looking not right in herself, off food, not as active, scratching or grooming a spot, looking generally bluergh, etc, and take her to the vets anytime you notice it.

Chances are, I guess, that your bun will be ok. I've had many illnesses and never passed anything to my buns. I'm not sure that anything can be passed to rabbits from humans (but I know in rare cases it can go the other way).

But yes, my advice is phone the vets and ask what they suggest, if anything.

Impetigo is generally due to a strep and/or staph infection that sets in due to a compromised immune system from any number of illnesses or injuries. It is unlikely to be passed on to your rabbit from casual contact.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Pam

Yah Ive had a bad cold for like 2 weeks and im on meds for super migranes so i guess my little fighters gave up now i have this.

Actually right now babii is eating ALOT and drinking ALOT..lol maybe she caght my sore throat and now its itchy LOL

Latest posts

Back