Constant wet nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
I have a MR doe, Zoe, about two years old I think, that seems to have a constant, very slight wet nose. She doesn't sneeze, doesn't have any gook on the inside of her front paws, just the wet nose.
It used to come and go, so I thought it was just the cold weather mabye causing it. It hasn't seemed to spread to any of my other rabbits, they all seem normal.
And on top of it all, she seems to be having a false pregnancy. I had put her in a cage that had been recently occupied by a buck because I was going to breed her, then I thought better of it and didn't after all. I noticed yesterday that there was a lot of fur underneath her cage, and she has been acting very hyper and the like lately, which is very unlike her as she is usually very calm and quiet.
Anyway, I am worried about her wet nose. Like I said, it's very slight. It was kinda embarrassing, I tried to show her back in February, and the judge saw it even though I didn't! I felt really lame for not catching it before loading her up.

I have a Jersey Wooly buck that has a runny nose all the time and sometimes sneezes. I treated him with EVERYTHING and finally brought him to the vet where they told me he probably just had allergies. THey tested him for everything including snuffles and e. coniculi (sp.) and he came up negative for everything. He has never gotten worse nor has he spread it to any others in the rabbitry.

The only way for sure to tell is to take her to the vet.

Sharon

Yeah, if she has any more problems I will. I just tend to avoid it when possible because the rabbit vet closest tome is almost an hour away, and expensive. The last time I took one of my bunnies in, it was over $200. Could rabbits be allergic just to dust, like some people (including myself) are? The cage she is in now is closer to the ground than the one she was in, and the barn has a dirt floor. Matter of fact, I think I will move her to a higher one and see if that makes a difference....

Thanks for that. I think I will check out some of the articles on here and see if any of them seem to be related to what she has/is doing.

My new bunny Pebbles almost always has a damp nose too. She's never sneezed and has no other symptoms of and diseases like snuffles too. Someone on this forum said it could just be the moisture from her breath on her nose when she's nervous or out running. I've been worried aboit the wet nose too with mine but i've been told it's nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I've noticed it seems to get worse when she is stressed out. Do you guys think it would be ok to breed her?

I'd think so. My little girl had a bit of a wet nose when I bought her and my cousin said it's most likely the change in temperature when I brought her inside. She still has the doe the litter came from, and I've had my girl for over two months and have itnroduced her from the wire to Pepsi and both seem fine. :D

Oh, good, 'cause she is really ready to be bred! LOL
Gonna make her and Pepper (my castor buck) happy bunnies!
:bunnydance::bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back