Constant "digging" in cage-- I NEED SLEEP! HELP!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
windryder201 wrote:
(yes, I've tried putting the male with her, or letting them out to romp around together all night. It help some, but not much)

I really don't think that will help the situation... You are more likely to end up with baby bunnies that will just add to the noise ;):p

I did have a girl that used to do this though and it seriously drove me to the brink of insanity after 2 weeks of almost no sleep. She was mad at me because I was working so much and had little time for her at the time since I was adjusting to my own schedule. That was her way of letting me know and boy did she ever let me know it! :expressionlessThe only thing that helped was getting her a buddy, but then you already have one.

Is her cage covered at night? Maybe you can try that and see if that can make a difference. I guess having her mate nearby while she is hormonal will also help keep her agitated. In the longrun, I think the best solution is to have her spayed and then bond her with him. She'll probably be so busy with him that she won't feel a need to keep you up anymore. Lol.

*Hugs* I remember those days. I hope you get some sleep soon :)

My new 8 week old bunny does this all night too so i get what you mean. I've tried towels and blankets and they didnt help at all. I just moved her to a different room so i cant hear her, because the more i say 'Lexi shush', the more she digs. So i think she was only really digging to get my attention, so your bunny may be doing this to get attention? :)

Nela, my male rabbit is neutered (for a while) so there's no way I'm going to be getting baby bunnies. Unless the second coming comes in the form of a zombie rabbit apocalypse :p

As I said, it was something I tried and then decided didn't work. I"m not even lettig them out at the same time right now, since she'll shred up his nice clean cage too. She does flop over by his cage when she's out, though, so I'm sure he's not agitating her :)

Ooooh sorry about that, I misunderstood. As for agitating, I meant in the sense that she can still get hormonal from his presence since she isn't spayed. I know my girls go wild when the neighbor boys are out. Hihihi.

Back