Consistent Rusty Colored Urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
Felix used to only have this problem here and there but now it's become too consistent for me to be comfortable. It's to the point where his urine is always rusty/red colored. There is no possibility this is food pigment related. He's been on strictly plain oxbow pellets and orchard grass hay so I could be sure.

This is his playpen. As you can see he refuses to use the litter box when out playing despite using it quite well in his cage. He will go pee beside it instead. I'm not sure if this could be related or not. Other than the weird litter box habits, urine color, and frequency, he it totally fine. Drinks, eats and plays well.

I'm thinking Urinary Tract Infection?
I will need to have his urine tested, but do you all agree that as the right course of action?

Pic of recent urine spot-

175277d7.jpg

The rest of them...

edc436ba.jpg

992e837e.jpg

Sorry. It looks ok to me, that's why I didn't respond. You can always have a urinalysis done if it will put your mind at ease. Orchard grass has quite a bit of pigments in it. It honestly looks like what my guys produce consistently but if it puts your mind at ease have a urinalysis done. It shouldn't be too expensive.

Latest posts

Back