considering the circumstances,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
as some of you may or may not know, ive beenhaving a real difficult time in the past few weeks with everything inmy life. that explains why, as you may or may not have noticed, ihavent been around that much. but thats not the point of this.

im worried about what the effects of my constant bad moods andsurrounding myself in "my work" is doing to Ivory and Ash. I'm worriedthat I'm not giving them all I could because of the bad times im havingmyself. i was laying awake last night, thinking about alternatives. iwas thinking of giving them to someone who could take better care ofthem, but most people around here would think of them as pets, andthats just what im doing. im doing the bare minimum to keep them alive.and its getting harder because of all the "construction" being done onmy room, and my den is moved downstairs. i have neither the time northe energy to let, specifically, ivory out of his cage, since itrequires keeping an eye on him to not chew wires or the carpet now. cansomeone give any suggestions? we dont have any rooms without wires inthem. all i think i can do is let him run around when im doing myhomework, since he's afraid of the hardwood floors, he just stays onthe carpet.

I don't know what your situation is, but I find comfort in my pets when I am down, frustrated, etc.

You must find time to wind down and relax even with a hectic and stressful lifestyle.

With that said, I would also say that nothing is permenant. This too, shall pass.

isnt there any way you can cover your wires?theres wire mesh wire protectors.. and we have been using clear PVCpipe around here and it works well.

Aw, dreamgal *hugs*-

I've gone through times like these a lot. It's important toremember that decisions made under emotional circumstances may be onesyou'll live to regret. Hard, I know, but don't give up just yet. I'vebeen faced with a lot of self doubt - am I doing what's best for them?Are they happy? Would they be better off elsewhere?

What are some simple things you could do for Ivory when you're notaround? Start rotating toys or things to chew on to keep him occupiedin his cage? Put his hay in something like a cardboard box, so he hasto work for it? Anything that will keep his mind occupied will keep himvery happy :D

Could you make his time outside the cage a little more "purposed"?(i.e. taking him out on a leash, giving him a cardboard playhouse,etc.) That way, even if it is short, he will have spent some energy.

At the very least, Ivory would be thrilled if all you did wasspend some quality, one-on-one time with him. Give him a nose rub fortwenty minutes. Talk to him. Anything that will connect the two of you,even if it is simple and brief, will mean the world to him. And thosetimes where you empty your mind of all that's going on, and just petthat soft little nose, will make a world of difference for you too :)

I don't know if this will help or not, but theyhave these things like NIC cubes at Target. Theyare metal squares and you have little clips to put them together, but Iuse cable ties. I actually built a cage for Bo with them, butI wonder if you might build a small playpen for your bunnies?It would be rather cheap to do.

The box of cubes come as a storage unit in the officesupplies. It's 15$ for a set of 23 I think it is. 2levels would be high enough I would think but I don't know your bunnies(you would have to at least be around to keep an eye on that with noroof). Cable ties are about $4 for over 100.

Here's the cage I built to give you an idea. I built a high collapsable gate, and I am extending his cage soon.

Latest posts

Back