Considering an Occassional Change of Scenary for Cheeto

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheetos mom

Reaction score
Normally, my rabbitt (I can officially say thatnow ;) ) has free access to most of the house for pretty much theentire day. My childcare provider knows that part of her job is towatch over Don Cheeto too. Lately, she's been taking my children to hermother's house because of some medical concerns.

I now know that Don Cheeto was free to roam most of the day inside hisprevious owner's home too because of a pre school age child there too.

Admittedly, I am feeling rather guilty that he was couped up all dayyesterday and will be today and probably tomorrow (except for a fewhours in the evening).

Do you think it would be too stressful on him if I would bring him to work?

I share a small office with two other animal loving women. We get quitea bit of traffic in our office, but we also have a barn like door toour office, where the top and bottom operate independently. So, I couldlimit the people physically coming into the office, whilesimultaneously being able to speak with them and still do my job.

Do you think a rabbit could handle that kind of change in routine? Doyou think he could adapt to hearing that many people? Which is thelesser of the two evils (lotsa cage time vs too many changes)?

Rabbits are fairly adaptable, and they do enjoybeing around people , I wouldsuggest having some one bringhim in for a few hours a dayand gradually build him up to full timeoffice bunny , that way you canmonitor for stress levels,

I guess my firstquestion would be , " how doeshe act around strangers ? , doeshe stress out if some onenew comes into the house , this wouldindicate if there is goingto be much problem ,

Personally I think an OfficeBunny is a wonderfull idea, it gives him more places to check outand gives him the chance tobuild up his confidencearound others. lol just be sureto rememebr his litter boxlol coco puffs andrugging dont mix well lol .

Lol re: cocoa puffs.... Luckily, my office floor is tiled.

Don Cheeto is real good with strangers, provided they pet him,otherwise he'll scratch and nibble a bit. But, he stops provided theygive him a brief head rub.

I might do that. You know come home for lunch (a late one) and let himstay for the remainder of the afternoon. Actually, that's an excellentidea! Then, I can also determine whether or not I can get work donewithout too much supervision.

Perhaps, I'll try it later in the week regardless of where my sitter is!

Thanks, Gypsy!

I think that it's a great idea, especiallytrying him for a few hours first to see if he's OK. My two rabbits havehad various changes of scene when Ive taken them with me overnightsomewhere, and they love it. It's somewhere new to explore, and onceI've shown them where their litter tray is, they've used it no problem.Hmmm, I wonder how much work y'all will get done with a cute littlerabbit running around:p

Jan

LuvaBun,

Could be interesting... we don't really have that many women in thebuilding. I work at a car dealership. Most of the salesmen are intobogus facades and very unlikely to show to much attention to my bun, atleast not publicly!! That's why I say that this could be interesting!

I just don't like Don Cheeto being couped up for prolonged periods of time.

Your very welcome, Im glad you likedthe Idea , its easy and practical lol. besides I think all who willbe involved will just love the idea.

The only other thing I can think of is that inan office environment there will be lots of wires (potentailly from 3computers?). If they are there, Cheeto might be tempted.

I know mine was, but funnily enough, the wires only got chewed if theyare in a small place she is hiding. If I am charging my Cell/Mobilephone right out in the open it is never messed with.

Jay

Well, after about a week and a half ofcontemplating whether or not to bring my bun to work, I finally did. Hewasn't his normal self. Normally, he is most content lying at my feet,getting rubs and giving bunny kisses. Today, he actually wanted to beheld! He just didn't seem happy...

I dunno if I should try again, or leave him couped up at home. Any thoughts?

Back