Connected to your rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
I've always felt a liitle off the mainstream, whatever that is, and I think it is probably why and how my x-gf talked me into rabbits as pets a few years ago. I had never had pets of any kind until Peter and Bugs. :) They are sort of aloof house bunnies, very much like their "daddy", me. ;) They are very set in their ways(like me), and don't vary their routine. It's pretty funny. That's exactly why I hate interruptions to their world, like my A/C going out, from the Louisville flood, a few days ago.

Do you feel so connected to your rabbits, that you worry about them more than you do yourself?

my rabbits get fed before me...if i have to choose between the rabbits eating and me going hungry for a night, they eat....so ya my buns are my babies. theyll always come before me

Oh my rabbits most definitely come first before me in all ways.

That doesn't mean I feel connected to them though. Some of them I am completely connected with, others lesser so, but they all get the best care I can give, and all get put before anyone else in my world.

fuzz16 wrote:
my rabbits get fed before me...if i have to choose between the rabbits eating and me going hungry for a night, they eat....so ya my buns are my babies. theyll always come before me

:D

Flashy wrote:

That doesn't mean I feel connected to them though. Some of them I am completely connected with, others lesser so, but they all get the best care I can give, and all get put before anyone else in my world.

:) I know not all rabbits "connect" with us, but I also believe you do a great job with your rabbit menagerie.

Gordon wrote:
Flashy wrote:

:) I know not all rabbits "connect" with us, but I also believe you do a great job with your rabbit menagerie.
Hey thanks :)

Oh, my Grace connected with me the day I had surgery... with her teeth! My fault, I broke Checkered Giant Rule#1: No hands in the cage unless we are out of it and don't move our stuff around (feeders, toys, bedding) as we have arranged it the way WE like it. If you are going to do that to us, take us out of the cage. Then when you are out of range we can rearrange the clean cage the way that suits us. Failure to do so may result in getting nipped, scratched, bitten or growled at or all of the above.

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
Oh, my Grace connected with me the day I had surgery... with her teeth! My fault, I broke Checkered Giant Rule#1: No hands in the cage unless we are out of it and don't move our stuff around (feeders, toys, bedding) as we have arranged it the way WE like it. If you are going to do that to us, take us out of the cage. Then when you are out of range we can rearrange the clean cage the way that suits us. Failure to do so may result in getting nipped, scratched, bitten or growled at or all of the above.

Denise

I don't think this is checkered giant exclusive; my little dutch, Fiona, does the exact same thing.

I definitely take better care of my rabbits than I do myself. There's a reason they have their own air conditioner, swamp cooler, fan and refrigerator (okay, I keep the fish bloodworms in there too...)

I take better care of my animals then I do myself. They get the best of everything. I go without things so they can have stuff. To me, that is what I signed up for when I got them. But I love doing it and I love having them in my life so I am okay going without things.

Im always more concerned about my pets!

Ive pretty much given my bedroom up for Smudge- I rearange things to his liking, bunny proofed it and always have his toys lying around LOL. And my mom always yells at my for spending all my money on him, and never getting anything for myself ;) I dont mind though... He my baby, and we are both VERY connected to eachother!

I take better care of my rabbit than I do myself or my fiance :] I buy fresh veggies and hay for my bun before I buy groceries for us for the month :]

I pretty much do the same thing as everyone else. The bunnies get fed beforeI get my breakfast or even dinner. Times are tough and I've gone without certain things just to make sure they have food and comfort.

My bunnies come first in my house. They get their salad before I get my breakfast. They get their pellets before I get my dinner. I get up early on the weekend, when I'm so tired I should be sleeping in, so the bunnies get their breakfast.

When we bought our house, we made sure there was enough room for the bunnies, and we got them their own fridge.

If there were a need to cut back somewhere, the cuts would come out of my own groceries before it came out of the bunnies' groceries.

DeniseJP wrote:

Denise

i had the temerity to replace the fleeces they lie on whilst chilling in their tent.......:nerves1

my ankles definitely connected with their heads that day. spoilt little lagomorphs. yes the welfare of all my furry charges is paramount..above all else;)

I definately do! My buns are usually the first thing i think about in the morn i.e can i put them in the run today? I'm all ways buying them new treats or toys and aim to give them the best of everything i can! I certainly feel connected with them especially clover who is the friendliest of the bunch and all ways likes to say hi, to be honest i think i am more connected to my buns then to most of the people i know lol!

My animals come first but at the same time I keep it in balance. If I don't take care of myself I can't take care of them. It is all a matter of balance.

Amy27 wrote:
I take better care of my animals then I do myself. They get the best of everything. I go without things so they can have stuff. To me, that is what I signed up for when I got them. But I love doing it and I love having them in my life so I am okay going without things.

I think that's pretty much the consensus. :D

All three of my pets come first when storm was on vegys his got bought first but he was getting sick we found out it was the vegys.

But they get new beds and toys and the best of the best food that goes for all three pets. They get the meds they need and such.

I did have to find a small ballence because I was spending everything on them and me and EJ needed stuff also. We where not getting.

But they come first to a extent if I had to choose between them and me eating well it is them I can live off romian noodles for a month

I feed the buns before i feed my own kids,lol!!!!! not because i love them more, it is just the routine i got myself into,lol

Latest posts

Back