Conkers and Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zee

Reaction score
It may be a strange question.

Can rabbits play with conkers ???

There are loads of them round my area and wondered could they be used for the girls??

I tried a search on the net etc... but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help me with the answer ???

No, you can NOT eat horse chestnuts.When I was learning my trees in college, my professor told us that wasdefinately a no-no. They are just as bad for us as they arefor our rabbits.

There is a horse chestnut tree outside our apartment, and the seeds look just like the conker picture.

We call those gumball trees in The South.

We hadthose trees in our yard when I was a kid.They are a pain! If you're not slipping on them and falling,you're getting hit with them as they come flying out of the lawn mowerlike torpedos!

Laura

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Never seen them before. They look nasty.I wouldn't play with them let alone Pebbles play with them.

Rainbows! :D
Playing conkers is a big thing in the UK. You make a small hole in thecentre, thread string through them, with a knot on the end, then hityour oponents conker with yours. It goes on until one conker smashesinto pieces, making the reaining one the winner :). Some people soaktheir conkers in vinegar to make them harder.

You're right, though, Pet_Bunny, some schools have banned playingconkers, as kids were getting badly bruised arms and hands (when theygot hit instead of the conker) :?

Jan

Pet_Bunny wrote:
LuvaBun wrote:
Somepeople soak their conkers in vinegar to make them harder.
Like adding water to snowballs to make them harder....:p

All we did was play marbles when we were in school.

Rainbows! :D

Like any group of kids is THAT innocent!:p

We had competitions at the bus stop to see who could keep thosesuper-sour candies in their mouth the longest without making aface. Anybody know what the game "mercy" is?:p

Uh thats weird. When i was small i use to goover to stay at my nans in the holidays and we use to collect horsechestnuts and roast them, n then eat them. They didnt kill us or makeus ill. lol. I am sure you can eat horse chestnuts but definetly NOTconkers. But will try and look into it. Im suprised i am notdead by now as i have eaten so many horse chestnuts as a kid.

Conker:

http://www.wildlifebcnp.org/wtphotos/winner%20pics/bethany%20malcolm%20-%20conkers.jpg

Horse Chestnut:

http://cornwall.backtalk.com/albums-static2/cornwall/Cornwall%20Weblog/WebPhotosProFiles/600/IMG_6192.JPG

Latest posts

Back