congrats rebel

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Rebel got granded and registered FINALLY.

The show was a little while ago but there were a few problems on getting his leg from a previous show. They got "lost in the mail".. I never saw it arrive so after many phone calls and much confusion, we finally sorted it all out and his leg arrived.

I sent them in and also got him registered.

He took best of breed and best in variety against the other rews and mini rex.

He didn't take BIS but that is no surprise... the rabbit who won, also either won or did very well in nationals a previous year... I can't remember. That is what I heard anyways. If that information was wrong, then they SHOULD enter their rabbit in nationals! Congrats to them :D I love excellent competition!

It was down to him and another rabbit. The fact that the judge took quite a while to decide between rebel and that other rabbit was good enough for me. I felt like a winner. It was killing me though... he kept going back and forth between them.. then he'd pause and just look at them. Go to one and pose it again...switch to the other... step back and look again, run his hands over them a few more times... stand back and look...

Was driving me crazy with suspense!

We are going to nationals this year!!! I'm so excited. It will be a long drive but me and some of my crazy pals will carpool and take turns driving.

Best of luck to anyone else who is going this year!!! May the best rabbit win!

the stinker moved right when I took the picture.
Rebelwin4.jpg

Rebelwin3.jpg

Wow, Congrats to you! I am sure you are very proud :) I can't even imagine how nerve-wracking that would be waiting for so long. I probably would have chewed my fingernails down to nubs! hehe

Congrats!!
I always hate when the judge takes forever to make up his mind, but you are right it doesn't matter the outcome you feel like a winner because you are a winner to get to that point!!!!
:party:

Thank you, thank you , thank you and thank you to everyone :D

I'll see what i can do about getting a picture of him posed. I'll need some help, that's going to be the hard part.

I need someone to pose him and then I'll snap the pic asap before he decides to move. It's just easier for me that way.

He's an absolute sweetheart but I never could get him to sit still for more than 2 seconds. He's a monster for treats.

Also, I have to take the picture outside during the daytime in the sunshine because the lighting inside the barn and inside the house is a dim yellow.. not good enough.

OH believe me.. I had no fingernails by the time that show was done. LOL

heh, you'd be amazed at how many people stop me in the store while I'm shopping and ask if they can pet Rebel.

The looks on their faces when they stroke his fur is very comical. I never grow tired of seeing it.

It's amazing how many people out there have never felt a rex coat. I'm always happy to give them that experience.

Yes I bring him to the pet store with me sometimes.

Let me see a show of hands, How many people bring their rabbits with them to the store and are stopped constantly so that others can pet your "baby"???

Don't be shy, I know you are out there :D

Congratulations! What a beautiful bun.

I also take my kids to the pet store. Becky in particular LOVES the attention. It's like she is convinced the whole world adores her. :)

BlueCamasRabbitry,

You can take your rabbit to most non-food stores unless they have a no animals sign up.

Walmart isn't really a place you can take them to since they have food ( I have snuck baby buns in walmart and the food store inside my cloth purse. they are babies, they sleep the entire time haha) but I've taken my buns to Lowes, home depot, the video rental store, ANY pet store etc.

I just realized... Rebel isn't really prepped for photos right now.

We blew out his coat in preparation for nationals and it's still coming in so... he sorta looks like Kramer from seinfeld.

Should finish by the time nationals rolls around but he's a little on the frizzy side right now.

So if you don't mind a still slightly frizzy Rebel pic.. I can still see if I can wrangle some help in posing him so I can take a pic.

Phoenix wrote:
I just realized... Rebel isn't really prepped for photos right now.

We blew out his coat in preparation for nationals and it's still coming in so... he sorta looks like Kramer from seinfeld.

Should finish by the time nationals rolls around but he's a little on the frizzy side right now.

So if you don't mind a still slightly frizzy Rebel pic.. I can still see if I can wrangle some help in posing him so I can take a pic.
Yes please! Do I need to get down on my knees and beg? :)

haha no but I think I might have to get down on my knees and beg someone around my home to help me with pictures so I can actually get a decent one taken.

I'm still working on getting that picture of him set up but life has gotten in the way and it's been hectic!!

I haven't forgotten though.

Rebel is spoiled on a new treat now. Blueberry yogurt covered vitamins.

well i got one but..... i'm ashamed to show it.

He's gotten a little plump, his winter coat is coming in so he's scruffy, he DEFINITELY did not want to cooperate because he hadn't had his treat yet so he kept moving, I only had one hand to position him with because the other was holding the camera... a bit too high.

He kept trying to back up, i hate that, and so he looks long ( hate that too). I really need someone to pose him while I take the picture but everyone always seems to be too busy or doesn't want to help.

yea.. a very bad pose and I'm ashamed. I want a better picture.

I know.. i'm a big crybaby.. haha but someday I will get that nice shot!

Latest posts

Back