Confused?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmybuns

Reaction score
Does anyone think this is weird or am I COMPLETELY paranoid?

Pete gets free time whenever I am home. (I only have a one bedroom apt.) Probably 3 full days a week and then the days I work about 1 hour in the morning and 3 at night.

He always goes to the same spot under my bed. I feel like he should want to be running around and playing when he's out.Sometimes he comes into the living room and cuddles with me or lays by my feet, but most of the time I have to go find him!

I don't know if maybe he's just lazy? Or is something wrong? Shouldn't bunnies have a lot of energy? Especially because he's so young! Help!

Has he always been like that?

Is he more active in his cage at certain times of the day? Wreaking havoc when you're not around?

I have a couple of rabbits that won't adjust to my schedule, they're hungry when they're hungry and they play when they want to play(usually at 4 AM) :disgust:. If it's their sleep time and they're out of their pen, they sleep.Butit's more common in my experience for asix month old bunnyto be active when he gets the chance. Although I've met some pretty darn lazy buns on this board. ;)

Is this the bunny that hasn't been eating his cecotropes?Especially if the laziness/lethargy is recent behavior I'd at the very least take a poop sample into the vet for a fecal float, or better yet,get him checked over in an full exam.

sas

I have over 100 rabbits (yes, I'm a breeder)- and I have found that each one has their own personality.

I have some that kick and almost scream at the idea of having to leave their cage - others that look forward to play time.

Some will come out and sit in one place and just WATCH things.....others will run and play and explore.

I have litter mates that are totally opposite...one will be an explorer - the other one just loves to watch things.

If he seems happy - even staying in one place - then maybe that is what he wants. Maybe he just likes to be near you.

You might want to try having some toys for him to play with - like a cat tunnel (I don't have a photo handy but someone might have one) or some balls or something that he can interact with.

How long have you had him?

It sounds like he at least gets lots of time outside of his cage.

Peg

P.S. Remember that a rabbit's most active time is usually at dawn and dusk....and they like to sleep a lot during the day.

My bun, Bandit is exactly the same.Unless I let him and Holly play together, he's very lazy. He has free run of the place too, but he mostly lays around. He gets his spurts and times and plays with his Cottontail cottage others,but for the most part, he's quite the lazy bum.

But he's been like that since the day I got him. And he's young too, just over a year.

He does do a number to his cage while I'm gone.I have also grown used to the sound of battling the water bottle to the death ALL night. I'm taking him to the vet a week from today. I'll bring some of those if changing his diet hasn't solved the problem yet. I hope he's ok!!! Thanks for the advice, I'm hoping I just have a lazy bun on my hands!!

Latest posts

Back