Concerned... (eye issue) RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveMyRabbit0910

Reaction score
My Bunny is a dwarf bunny, he's a little over 1 years old. He hasn't changed his diet..everything's been the same. Oxbow timothy hay, oxbow pellet food, 1 papaya a day, and a treat every 5 to 6 days. About20 minutes ago, I noticed that all around Elvis' left eye, it's all pink. Looks like he's been itching a lot there, because there seems to be hair missing above that eye. Does anybody know what that could be? Could he be allergic to something? Can rabbits get pink eye? What kind of eye infections can rabbits get?

I just took him to the vet about 10 days ago, and he was perfectly healthy. I'd hate to see him have a problem now...especially if its a serious problem and I don't have money to take care of it! =(

It could be an allergy ,eye infection like conjunctivitis, could be irritation or a scratch.

Iwould get some sterile eye wash ( in contact lense section ) from a pharmacy and and flush the eye.

if it does not look better by Mon. he needs ro see a vet. A problem like this most likely will not be a big expense but is necessary if it doesn't go away on its own.

If you have other rabbits wash your hands after touching his eyes and before you touch your other buns

Ok, everyone! Thanks for the replies..I appreciate everyone who took the time to reply! I feel kind of embarrassed..because, I'm the type of person who has a tendency of worrying a LOT!

That night, when I wrote that I was concerned about Elvis..I remembered that I put a new sheet in his cage, that I laid down in there to make him more comfortable. So, I took that sheet out, and now he's as good as new. It was just an allergy to the sheet..I guess it was the kind of laundry detergent that I used! I was SO glad when I saw the pink around his eyes go away! I was relieved to know it was an allergy. But, feel kind of embarrassed about getting so scared and nervous that night!

Back