Concerned about Leia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephiemarie78

Reaction score
It's hard to explain this but Leia has been acting very strange. It doesn't happen all the time or at the same time. But just now she starting freaking out in her cage. There was no loud noise to scare her. I went to her cage and she was in the nesting box all the way in the back with face in the corner. I picked her up and held her close to me and she was just not her normal self she was trying to jump out of my arms she never does that ever. So I put her back in her cage she went to the lower lvl and started circling her cage she was dragging her face along the front bars and trying to find a corner to hide in. It was very startling. Now she's fine. She's done this a few times. I really am at a lost. I thought she might be having a seisure.

You are right that behavior is the beginning of something not normal butI don't know what it is either...

The fact that you are noticing this right way is a plus ; keep watching her and hopefully the problem will reveal itself...
I assume that she is eating pooping and otherwise normal other than these episodes?

I don't really know what to do. She eats and poops normally it usually only happens once then will not happen again for weeks. I really need to record it next time it happens. Usually i just want to hold her and tell her its ok as strange as that sounds.

What you are describing does sound seizure- like but not definite;
I don't think there is any emergency but it would be good if you could get it on camera to show to the vet ...and us...

stephiemarie78 wrote:
Thanks, just worried about her. Its been hard since I lost Coco and I don't want to go through that again anytime soon.

I know what you mean ...sometimes it's just like one left for the other to get sick .....
been there , done that ; it totally sucks

Hopefully it's a"a nothing"":expressionless

I agree that the #1 best thing is to get a video of this, either for us or for the vet. Is there any chance it's something outside her cage bothering her, like a dog outside, or some strange noise (the garbage disposal, garage door opener, the buzz of the clothes dryer when it's done)? Otherwise, she may be having a siezure or bouts of pain that cause her to feel very upset. I hope it's something you can identify... poor girl and poor you!

Good luck!

Are you sure her vision is good?

There's been a few cases like this, but so hard to figure out. Some odd things can cause panic attacks -- like a ceiling far or an unusual shape (ie: somebody carrying a garbage bag will set mine off).

Hope she's okay.

sas :expressionless

Nick said she's done it atleast 3 times today. Each time he let her out and she was fine. SO she was out at least 3 hours or more today. Then she did it again just now. I took 2 photos and did a video that i'm uploading to youtube

This is how i found her in the corner
GEDC0326.jpg

after i pushed her out of the corner
GEDC0327.jpg

Does she perhaps think you have a treat for her? She doesn't seem all that upset in the video, more playful. However, I didn't see the dragging her face on the bars thing. Maybe she's learning that if she does it, she gets to run around outside?

I could not see enough of the video to really see her. Someone mentioned circling, someone else mentioned face dragging. This is beginning to sound neurological ..possibly an ear infection.

Do her eyes ever move quickly or dart ; when she is in an episode and you are in the dark with her can you try to shine a flashlight in the pupil of each eye to see if her pupils constrict normally
I am grasping at straws at this point don't really now...
Just keep observing her and keep us posted....

Latest posts

Back