Composting bunny waste

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sara_laughs

Reaction score
Somewhere along the way in all the stuff I'vebeen reading, I know I read something that said bunny waste can becomposted. I can see how that would work fine but what aboutthe litter? Will wood pellets break down quickly enough orwould I just need to sift the litter?

Bunny poo composts wonderfully! I've been doingit for years. If you use shavings or the pelleted wood litter, you canjust compost it all together. It will take longer to compost thanstraight bunny poo, but it still will compost nicely. There are a lotof great resources on the internet to get some good tips on how tocompost effectively.
Basically, you want the waste- heat- moisture- and air. Put the pile ina sunny place or cover it with a tarp to trap the heat. Turn the pilewith a pitch fork fairly regularly and add some water when you do this.Adding beneficial insects like earthworms or bacteria that you can buyonline will speed up the progress- but it's not necessary.

Bunny compost is one of the best fertilizers out there!

Latest posts

Back