Coming up with a rabbitry name?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbaland

Reaction score
How did you think of your rabbitry name? I don't have one but Im trying to reg. with ARBA and breed groups. I'm itching to code a website again but I can't reg. a domain till i think of one. It's so frustrating!!! How did you think of yours?

My first rabbitry name was Blue Sky Acres Rabbitry. It just kind of popped into my head one day, and that's what we called ourselves for close to 5 years. Then, my sister and I decided we didn't like it anymore, and we needed a new one. We made lists of potential names, but Blue Camas Rabbitry really stuck out to us, and we chose it.

Blue Camas is a type of flower that is really prominent in our area, and it was really helpful as a source of food when settlers & pioneers were coming west way back when.

Emily

I like the name Sun Glow Rabbitry since in az we have great sunny glows haha. I like a few other name involving Nikola tesla or somehow inputing his works into the name and design.

Many people use their name- either a last name or a nickname. Ex. Smith's Rabbitry. That works nicely if you have an interesting last name. Or sometimes people have really neat nicknames that work too.

Using your location is common too- if you live on a street with an interesting name, or if you live in a place with lots of history or a prominent flower/animal. For example, I live close to Penn State University in PA and the area is called "Happy Valley". I always thought "Happy Valley Rabbitry" would be a neat rabbitry name, but although I live close, I'm not really close enough to be considered a part of that area. lol I know some people live near bodies of water that have neat names. Ex. Whispering Springs Rabbitry, or something of the sort.

I know of some people who were inspired to get into breeding because of a spcial bunny in thir life, so they name their rabitry after them. Ex. Josie's Rabbitry.

Think of something personal to you and also something that is breed neutral. Some people start out with names like "Lollipop Lops" or whatever and then a year down the road, decide to get a different breed. So it's easiest to use a name that can grow with you. :)

Julie has given very good advice.

My rabbitry name stemmed out of the color of my rabbits. Since they are silver martens, I think they look like they are wearing tuxedos, and tuxedos are said to be the most elegant formal dress, so I wanted something synonymous with "elegant." I didn't think Elegant Rabbitry sounded very good, so I went to the dictionary and found the word "natty" which means elegant, neat, spruced up, etc. It was a word I have never heard before but I really liked it. Since I raise Netherland Dwarfs, I made it Natty Dwarfs Rabbitry.
Which, as Julie explained, is going to have to be changed to Natty ?????? Rabbitry when I get another breed.

That's great advice. I have a few colors I prefer with brown based genes. BEW too of course. My name is hard to pronounce and my last name has a bad word in it and it's often pronounced that way because of it. Lol phone spam is the worst!

I guess I can play with a name and change it but that bothers me.

Mine is Oh My Darlin Rabbitry. I wanted something to do with music but couldn't figure it out since I also wanted something to do with my rabbits. This popped into my head while I was lying in bed reading and thinking it just stuck and it fit both of my wants. My rabbits are my darlin's and Oh My Darlin' is a musical. so it worked. for you idk if you will like this but since you are in arizona

Sunny Acres Rabbitry

Arizona Sands rabbitry

These were two names that popped into my head. Idk if you will like them but they are some ideas to help you out

best of luck

crystal

My Rabbitry is called Totally Awesum Bunnies and my friends rabbitry is called Totally Groovy Bunnies :p

The word "Totally Awesum" stuck in us for a while and we always joke about it (oh thats just totally awesum...)
Thats where we got our rabbitry names from :D

Northern Breeze is one of mine. :) I've had it for like... 6 years I think... anyways I named it when I was about 12. lol I live in michigan (Northern) and name is Briana/Bri and my long time nickname has been Breezy, plus it's usually quite windy up here anyway. lol (Breeze) So there it was...Northern Breeze Rabbitry.

My second rabbitry that I co own is called Secret Trails Rabbitry. This one was actually much harder... because its co owned with a 17 year old boy. hahaha! So I had to think of something that we both really liked. I made a list of like 50 potential names! They all had to do with michigan, lakes, wildlife native to michiganand woodsy stuff. And in the end we both liked Secret Trails. :) Took a while to choose. lol

Here is a Arizona themed rabbitry list!

Desert Sun Rabbitry, Sunset Ridge Rabbitry, Sun Glow Rabbitry, Canyon Sun Rabbitry.... that's all I got at them moment. lol Arizona is a hard one. But it can be something totally random if you want!

:biggrin2:

Yeah I'm liking Sun Glow or something to do with warm colors or the sky if I am going to go ariona themed. Wow I can't imagine having a rabbitry so young!

Oh man the cog wheels keep turning. Haha

Mine is Aya Sora. I made mine a long time ago, back when I first got online accounts, everything was Aya Sora, because of how hard it was to track back to me. the wording Aya Sora is Japanese for Woven Silk Sky. seeing as i am not japanese(in fact i'm german dutch and russian)it would be harder to track to me. and my emblem has been a sunset. I'm trying to think of new names to change it to but come up with nothing. I want to change it to something Dutch derived, because of my background and i'm well rooted to that part of my family(my dad's half german half dutch and i'm definently Vandiver). my last name is also wayy to hard to pronounce properly(phone spammers anyone?) but my prefix has always been HV's whatever, since Aya Sora's seemed like too much to write out.

Since our rabbits are a family thing we did a family vote- everyone got to think of a rabbitry name- then we did a family vote to narrow it down to two- then we did another vote for the final winner (although I reminded the kids that our home is not a democracy- therefore I have the final say- good thing too because it was a two against two turnout over Faery Fiber Rabbitry and Boxerbrunch Rabbitry!) I explained to my oldest daughter and husband that Boxerbrunch was a bit in poor taste. Faery Fiber was chosen because of our angoras and the we have always called the super light angora wool that sorta floats around when your grooming them "faery fibers".

My rabbitry name is Tucker Creek Rabbitry. I lived out in the country on a road named Youngs River, but Tucker Creek was about a mile from my house.

My dairy goat herd was registered as Youngs River Toggenburgs, but I didn't like the ring of Youngs River Rabbitry. I liked the way that Tucker Creek sounded. So, Tucker Creek Rabbitry it was.

I have had my rabbitry name for 16 years. People have tried to get me to change it over the years, but I can't do it. Even though I no longer live ANYWHERE near Tucker Creek, I still love the name and will always keep that as my rabbitry name.

The only frusterating thing is that there are other TCR's out there. Triple Creek Rabbitry, and a couple more that I can't think of right now.

When it came to Surnames, I started out with Tucker Creek's. So, any Himalayan, Californian, Rex, Mini Rex, Satin, or even some crossbreds that are Tucker Creek's are of my breeding.

When I started transitioning from Himalayans and Californians to Holland Lops, about 9 years ago, I shortened my surname to TCR. Simply TCR. I could put TCR's, but I don't like the way that looks. All of the Holland Lops and Mini Lops that I bred have TCR on them.

I like that as my surname. Although, it is a little redundant when TCR stands for Tucker Creek Rabbitry, and people will write something out thanking Melinda from TCR Rabbitry. LOL

My 8 year old daughter names our Rabbitry. We were talking about what having a rabbitry meant, and that if we wanted to go that route we would have to come up with a name. She looked at my husband and I and said, why don't you call it Rabbit Tree Rabbitry. It was so cute we went with it. :)

i was thinking of starting a rabbitry one day and calling it "Rabbit Tree-House" lol and for the pic have a pic of a tree house with some bunnies around and in it lol

I wanted something with "sable" in the name of my rabbitry because the majority of my rabbits including the pets are some type of sable (broken sable, sable marten, siamese sable etc...)
My partner suggested Sable-Stable simply because of the rhyme and it sort of stuck. I initially went with "The Sable Stable" but added Blue to it when it turned out that most of the rabbits I bred were smoke and also my first rabbit shed is striking blue. It's noe TheBlueSableStable :)

Latest posts

Back