Colour question?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiaraPatricia

Reaction score
Hi, I posted about this rabbit before when she was younger, and some people said she was frosty point and some said broken frosted pearl.

I thought I'd post some better pictures now that she's fully grown and see what people think.

photo090.jpg

photo086.jpg

And she's been bred to a solid black buck, so hopefully will have babies in 3 weeks or so (just as pets). Anyone wanna guess what colours/patterns they'd have?

From what I can see it's a broken but I am not too familiar with frosteds. Cute bun. What is in her background?
I assume you should have some broken blacks in the offspring (and others possibly:))

Yeah I think she's a broken now :) When I got her just her nose and ears were slightly grey so I thought she was pointed, but now looks broken :)

There were 2 broken blacks in the same litter as her too, so I think you're right!

She is defoantly a broken but her actual color looks like some kind of agouti to me due to the fact she has lacing around her nose and ears what color the agouti pattern is I have no idea nothing I have ever seen before maybe a choc base agouti or a sable base agouti....maybe someone with a better agouti eye can tell you.

Yeah she has lacing around the nose and ears and the colour is ticked. I have no idea what the colour is though . . .

But she was pretty much white when she was born I think, and when I got her (9 weeks) she only had a tiny it of grey on her nose that got bigger and darker as she got older.

The colour's mostly grey but is a bit brownish in places . . .

Before I went to see her the breeders had said she was a white male! I'm pretty happy that she was a girl and I love her colouring :) I'm kinda glad she's a broken too

Could you blow into the coat color and take another photo? Maybe broken sable chin?

pamnock wrote:
Could you blow into the coat color and take another photo? Maybe broken sable chin?
Pam thats what I was thinking also defonatly not a broken Chinn not enought slate color and the under coat is not going to be the correct color.

I'll take another photo soon blowing into the coat :) once it gets a bit brighter outside (it's early morning here :))

I agree on cute bunny girl! She's only pet quality, that's fine with me, I think she's really pretty :)

The card reader on my computer isn't working for some reason but I had a close look at the coloured hair on her back and the undercoat is pure white, and only the tips have the greyish-brownish colour, no other colour that I can see.

CiaraPatricia wrote:
The card reader on my computer isn't working for some reason but I had a close look at the coloured hair on her back and the undercoat is pure white, and only the tips have the greyish-brownish colour, no other colour that I can see.
If the undercolor is light and there is no apparent ring color, then the color would be frosty.

CiaraPatricia wrote:
I don't really know but I was looking at photos of frosties/frosted pearls, and I think that's the colour that I've seen that looks most like her . . . only hers is broken of course.

Then there's different types of frosties . . . It's so complicated . . . :?

http://www.nockrabbits.com/frosty.html
To simplify is a little, a frosty is a chinchilla with the non-extension gene.

Latest posts

Back