Colour my rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonnie Lee

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents,

So my goal plan one day is to breed the perfect kind of mini lops :)From a beautiful colour, face, coat and temperament... But when it comes to the colour part I feel I'm in somewhat a bit of a pickle...

I've tried reading the colour charts and learning how it works but honestly I've never been good when it comes to genetics no matter how simplified the versions I find to read are... I must have some kind of force field that doesn't let science in or something.

Anyway back to the point of this... I have a beautiful Mini Lop Harvey and on his pedigree certificate it says he's a Self Black, sire is black and the dam is blue... SOON I will be hopefully buying a chocolate Pedigree mini lop if the person I'm emailing has a female in their new litter...

My question over all is... Is Self Black and Chocolate a bad mix OR will it somehow work? I want to one day have the perfect kind of chocolate coloured mini lop as I have seen photos of a breeder in another state on their website have an absolute flawless chocolate coat on her bunnies and I really want to achieve something that naturally beautiful...

This is my little Harvey
%3Ca%20href=
Harvey.jpg
" alt="">

Back