Colors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercy

Reaction score
Hello,

I breed my rabbits mainly for meat but I do sell them for pets when asked. I was wondering about colors and the possible combinations. Right now I have a gray doe and a black doe with 2 cinnamon bucks. out of these 4 rabbits I receive mainly blacks and whites with dark points. My last litter I ended up with 8 kits 5 blacks 2 whites with points and 1 that looks like a cottontail. where did that color come from?

Here is a pictures of her
P1010011.jpg

her dam
P1010008.jpg

her sire
P1010007.jpg

Thanks in advance

The sirelooks likea fawn, which is an agouti like the chestnut agouti you got in your litter. (A gene in the "E" series that the dam had to have contributed called the "extension" gene is the difference between the non-extension fawn sire and the full-extension chestnut agouti that it produced).

The dam is in a molt, so I can't really tell if she's a solid blue in a bad coat or a blue steel (which would also be an agouti).

Both sire and dam would have to have the self gene to produce blacks and both carry recessive genesin the C series, which gave you the pointed rabbit.

Pam

Latest posts

Back