Color question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooly_queen

Reaction score
I have a tort otter jersey wooly buck. He is out of a chestnut and a sable point.His pedigreeis mostly chestnuts and siamse sables...with one broken otter in the 3rd generation...stupid otter.

But anyways, do you know what would be ok to breed with him? I bred him with a black once (she is out of a blue and a REW) and I got 3 blacks and 2 black otters... is there any other colors I could breed him with that would be some showable colors?

The black and black otters are good as long as they don't carry non-extension. However, the tort otter will pass the non-extension on recessively and you still may end up with unshowables in future generations.

You can breed to black. Black doesn't actually "throw" chestnuts. You have to breed an agouti color to black to get chestnut.

What you don't want is a black thatcarries non-extension (has a tort, fawn, etc. parent or has thrown a non-extension color).

pamnock wrote:
You can breed to black. Black doesn't actually "throw" chestnuts. You have to breed an agouti color to black to get chestnut.

What you don't want is a black thatcarries non-extension (has a tort, fawn, etc. parent or has thrown a non-extension color).

Ok...Ithink I got this. lol

Thank you again!

Back