color question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catherine

Reaction score
My bunny is white with spots down his back, rimmed eyes and a few other random spots. The spots are a blended color of brown ticked with black, but they look dark gray at a distance.

What is the name of this pattern and coloration?

Catherine

Hey Catherine

I cannot help with the color much but I suggest you put this in the "Rabbitry and Show Room" section so that more people will see your post :rose:

Thank you, I will. I am new to this forum and I will eventually get it right.

Catherine

HI Catherine, I moved this question to the Rabbitry section (and removed the other post.) Can you post a photo of your bunny so we can see the pattern and fur type?

Sounds like it could be a broken chestnut agouti - a photo would be most helpful to confirm.

Pam

Thank you, Pam.

How do I send pictures to this forum? I am not very computer savvy. I might need my 11 year old daughter to help me.

Does broken mean when the color is not solid? I am new to the rabbit world and want to learn as much as I can. The terminology is like a foreign language to me.

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

You can attach the photo in an email to me and I'll post it here [email protected]

Yes, "broken" (butterfly in the UK)is a coat color in combination with white areas over the body.

Pam

MsBinky wrote:
Darn... I had broken agouti in mind :pI still suck :p

He's soooo cute Catherine:biggrin2:ty for posting Pam

You're correct - he is a broken agouti - more specifically, a broken chestnut agouti as per the lionheadstandard ;)

Pam

Thank you, Pam, for posting his picture.

His personality is as sweet as his face. His fur is so soft and it is so relaxing to pet him and brush him.

I am in love!

Catherine

Pam , is he a single mane? His mane certainly does not look as thick as others I,ve seen on the internet.

Catherine

Pam,

I am hooked on this breed. It's like someone said , let's make a breed for Catherine and they did!

I think I would like to have a Double mane someday.

Catherine

Latest posts

Back