Color question.....help please :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mewlingcricket

Reaction score
Hey everyone, yet again I find that I am clueless and in need of some help from my fellow rabbit lovers. When I purchased Sawyer at 8 weeks old, he was listed on his pedigree as being a frost tipped lilac (which kind of fit,he has the wierdest coloring) but now that he is 6 going on 7 months old he looks more like a straight up blue to me (something the breeder had no way of knowing would happen based on his younger appearance) I just wanted to see what you all think. I am posting his 8 week and 6 month pics....tell me what you think....thanks :)

Sawyer 8 weeks (2 pics)

12828_262053_030000000.jpg

12828_262053_040000001.jpg

Sawyer at 6 months

12828_262053_050000002.jpg

oops forgot to mention, that both parents were opals, and he carries, otter, lynx, rew, chestnut, and broken (also when paired with my chestnut doe, he fathered the 3 blue otter kits i have....won't help with judging his color, just a fun fact)

He is a blue. I have had blues like this that have a bad undercolor as youngsters, and it moults out as they get older.

Awesome thanks everyone. He was such a cool looking rabbit that I just had to have him!! And I have found that as he grew older and molted out of his junior coat, I love his looks now even more! (especially those eyes!) So, will it cause a problem in future if his pedigree says frost tipped lilac when he is actually a blue??????

mewlingcricket wrote:
Awesome thanks everyone. He was such a cool looking rabbit that I just had to have him!! And I have found that as he grew older and molted out of his junior coat, I love his looks now even more! (especially those eyes!) So, will it cause a problem in future if his pedigree says frost tipped lilac when he is actually a blue??????
You can ask his breeder to edit his pedigree.

Latest posts

Back