Color ID 12 Day Old Kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CL

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well Lymelight's litter is 12 days old today...some eyes are opening and that's a big event due to the fact that this our 1st time experiencing baby bunnies and the unique "V" shaped fur pattern of Lionheads :)...here's a couple of photos..there are 2 REWs no ? in the background....but it is the other 3....Dam is Siamese Sable (her parents were REW and Siamese Sable) Sire is an REW (parents/Black & REW).....I am thinking they are 3 shades of Siamese Sable...due to the cheek coloring on the lightest one...I don't recall if the runt has cheek coloring yet, so I'll have to check...but the backs are shaded and not one tone, so I don't think they are Sable points like we 1st thought...what does everyone else think?

Thanks a bunch!

Chad & Cindy
14370_041002_440000000.jpg

14370_041002_450000001.jpg

Hi,

Regarding the Sable points...this is where I get confused...I thought the Sable points are to have a creamy coat...these 2 are shaded..one more medium in tone and the other lighter...also the cheeks of the lighter one are going to be dark...I thought it was just supposed to be the nose on a Sable point....maybe they will change?...will the shading disappear?...I also thought that Siamese Sables came in various shades as adults...from lighter to darker....we have lots to learn..and sure do appreciated everyone's help!:)

Chad & Cindy

But sable points can also come in different shades too. I had sable point babies (looks like yours above). I hope someone else can help with color and make sure I am right or wrong on the colors.

Shaded: Siamese Sable, Tort, Sable Point, Smokey Pearl. And a REW hides a lot of colors.
http://www.lionheadrabbit.net/gencolorindex.htm

Here is another link that I use for coloring genetics. It shows whats the % in each litter of colors that you CAN have. (Put in Dam color and Sire color)
http://www.ephiny.net/tim/pedigrees/color_calc.php

I bred Rew x Black Tort Lionheads (I got 2 Sable Points and 1 Black Tort)

Latest posts

Back