color again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheandg

Reaction score
Well that orange buck I have had another litter. I bred him to a broken black. There are 4 kits and I have one broken black, one broken chestnut and 2 not sures. I think the one is a siamese sable but the agouti I don't know. Looking at pics on line it looks like it could be a sable chin. So has the mystery been figured out now that this orange buck/tort otter.....is he an orange for sure since there is a chestnut in this litter?

IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5431.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5391-2.jpg

IMG_5451.jpg

the parents were (doe) broken black and the (buck) is orange ( some thought he might had been tort otter....... so that is what we are trying to figure out with this litter

I agree that it looks like it might be a sable marten (They sometimes have faux ticking). We'll be able to tell better as the coat comes in whether it's an agouti or a marten.

Yes - I didn't see the chestnut in the first group of photos, so thought maybe you typed it by mistake.

Yeah....! what a relief there was a chestnut in this litter the orange sire is a true orange and not a tort otter. Now his first litter I can finally write on their pedigree that they are orange and broken orange! And not otters;)

so that agouti in this bunch is an agouti of some sort not a marten? Or could a orange/black breeding produce a marten with what else is in this litter?

Back