Coloplast?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbs

Reaction score
I am thinking of using this on my next 2cagesI build but still am not sure what it is. I know it is aplastic that you can get from a sign store. How does it come, as in, isit a single flat sheet of plastic or does it come in molded form so tolook like a pan for the bottom of the cage? How are others attachingthe cage to the coloplast? Is it easy to drill holes in it so I can ziptie it to the cage? Do you think it is really any better than usingwould? I like the way the wood looks but the poo flies all over theplace and I had to get acrylic cut to zip tie all around the bottom ofthe cage. I don't like the look with the acrylic because it had been apain drilling holes in it and has cracks in quite a bit of places.

I use coroplast and cubes for my buns and guineapigs. If you score it right it will not look like it has cracks in it.Make sure you score it to the size of the instide of the cage. Youshould not have to zip tie it to the cage at all. It comes to one sheetand you score it to the size you want and just put it in the cage. Iuse clear packing tape to tape the sides together on the outside of thecage. I have made over 7 cages with coroplast and it is one of the bestcage I could ever use and make.

Coroplast is corrugated plastic. Youcan cut through the first side and bend it up and the other side won'tcrack. I bought a grey sheet and used duct tape to tape thecorners. The duct tape is the exact same color of thecoroplast, so you can't even see it. I would imagine it wouldbe easy to put holes in it for the zip ties, but I haven'ttried. I only used it on the bottom floor of my NICcage. Just make sure you measure and markcorrectly. Mine was too big at first and I had to re-scoreit. It was a pain. I strongly recommend bending upthe sides three or four inches and placing it inside the cage to keepeverything inside (poop, hay, urine, etc.).

Laura

We used black choroplast and black duct tape :)Looks good! The choroplast comes in a big sheet, although most shopswill cut it to size if you ask.

I got mine for free!

Tim Hortons a donut shop were changing theirsigns and discarding the old ones, so I asked if I could havethem. :D

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back