collar for rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letitia

Reaction score
Can you put a collar on a rabbit? Iwould like to put a collar with a bell on my rabbit Freckles.Mainly so that I can find her in my 3000 sqft house. Letitia

not advisable ifanything get a H harness to fit yourrabbit and add a bell to it

Collars are dangerous to rabbits ,like cats they can get hung upon something and silently die before you knowtheres a problem .

How about the breakaway collar? My cat of 18 years had one every day of her life. Letitia

I boughta small cat collar and costomfitted it myself so it fit my bunny oliver perfectly. It does have abell on it so I can locate him, but I only let him run around my smallbunny room with supervision. I do agree with gypsy though, and I wouldnot let any rabbit wear one if you are not watching it.

I haven't decided yet. I would onlyhave the collar on when she is out of the cage and running in thehouse. The problem with the harness is that it is nearimpossible to get it on her. She fights me every step of theway. Letitia

for fear ofstarting yet another war ,regular harnesses that have nopattern H in the canbecome twisted and can slip inadvertantlychoking you rabbit to death yourrabbit your decision .

Pet_Bunny wrote:
I was thinking of getting a harness used for ferrets.

Rainbows! :)
Ferret harnesses are pretty tiny. I'm not sure they would fitany rabbit.... I can take a picture of mine if you'd like andpost it so you can see how tiny they are.

Jen

I have an H harness, how the heck do you get it on the rabbit? Letitia

cirrustwi wrote:
Pet_Bunny wrote:
I wasthinking of getting a harness used for ferrets.

Ferret harnesses are pretty tiny. I'm not sure they would fitany rabbit.... I can take a picture of mine if you'd like andpost it so you can see how tiny they are.

Jen
I use the Ferret Harness made by Hagen...their bunny sized one is still too big for freddy and he's almost 4lbs..

Just b/c of the fact 99%you cant hearthe noisesrabbits make i wouldnt do it. unlessyouhave her under you watch 24/7 you would never know if sheis in distress or not...even with the break away collars a toe nailcould get stuck or something along those lines

FreddysMom wrote:
cirrustwi wrote:
Pet_Bunny wrote:
I wasthinking of getting a harness used for ferrets.

Jen
I use the Ferret Harness made by Hagen...their bunny sized oneis still too big for freddy and he's almost 4lbs..
Oh, I know which ones you're talking about, I didn't even think ofthose. I have them by Marshall's. The Hagen oneswould probably fit my littler guys too.

Jen

is this the H harness you are talking about?http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...t_id=2534374302023690&bmUID=1121322681296
product_detail.jsp

Latest posts

Back