Cold veggies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyrenze

Reaction score
Well when I'm not home my mum will feed mybunnies veggies, but she usually puts them in straight from the fridge.Is there anyway its harmful to the rabbits? I told her before that itsnot good but then again I can'ttell her the reason, lol.

As long as they're not frozen, veggies outta thefridge means fresher than sitting out in room temp. It's probablybetter for them than taking them out of the fridge for a few hours tolet them cool down.

I read somewhere that cold veggies can sometimesupset their tummies. I used to set the salads out for half anhour to "warm them up", but I don't do it anymore and we haven't hadany problems.

Laura

I've read that cold veggies are not good forrabbits but the same goes for people. It's not good for people to eatcold veggies. I don't know why that is but I haven't had a problemswith my boys eating veggies out off the fridge.

My boys are outside so in the winter it is impossible to feed them warm veggies.

I wouldn't be too concerned, I've never had an issue and I've been giving them veggies daily for almost a year now.

Well you guys do have a point I guess. I do hope its a myth that cold food causes problems. Thanks for all the opinions ! :)

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
I've read that cold veggies are not good for rabbits but thesame goes for people. It's not good for people to eat cold veggies. Idon't know why that is but I haven't had a problems with my boys eatingveggies out off the fridge.
This is very interesting.

My girls veggies have always been served straight from the refrigerator and they have never had a problem.

Latest posts

Back