Clumps of poop on rabbits butt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicyjuicee

Reaction score
One night i picked up charlie and he had thishuge bigger than a golf ball clump of poop on his butt, so we got itoff and everything so now i've been checking probably like 2 times aweek and i jus noticed that he is starting to get another one but itsnot that big , what is goin on here?!

What kind of rabbit do you have? Thishappens to my Jersey Woolies once in a while. They don't eatthe cecotropes (night feces) that they are supposed to eat and since itis a softer stool, it bunches up and is very sticky. Isuspect this is what is happening.

Pellets- timothy hay- gets parsley, romainelettuce, collards, few times a week- ummmm i made him these home madebunny biscuits and he gets like 3 of those a week i think they'repretty sugary, i should stop with those:?

Try giving a little oats a couple times a week,cut back on the greens and treats. One of mine has an ongoingproblem like that. She doesn't get many greens and has hadproblems in that area.

ed

How old is he and what kind of pellets are youfeeding? If he's an adult rabbit with alfalfa pellets, he may begetting larger cecotropes from the high protein.

Just a thought...maybe you could 'check' himonce a day. So if there is some poopy booty, you can catch itbefore it gets too bad. :p

Back