Clipping of nails?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tinymonster wrote:
Muffin badly needs his nails clipped, my arm is starting to look like I've been wrestling cats! We decided to take him to the vet to be groomed, and we will watch. Then next time we'll try it ourselves. I'm terrified of cutting the quick so it's good to know there's something I can put on the nail in that case!
Thats a good idea, I was scared the first time, I just did like one foot then left the rest till the next day so the bunny didnt get stressed out by this new scary thing.

tinymonster wrote:
I'm terrified of cutting the quick so it's good to know there's something I can put on the nail in that case!

Seriously. I am scared of cutting the quick too, which is why I always suggest just cutting the tips off the first few times you do it yourself;).

That's what I do. Keep up with that and you really don't need to go deeper in. With the Rex family, a rabbit that has little fur on the bottoms of their feet are more vulnerable to getting sore hocks if the nails aren't cut properly to length. Other than that, there is really no harm in just cutting the tips and going more inthe more you become comfortable.:)

Yep, if you do happen to hit the quick and have bleeding, you can use flour to get that to stop quickly.;)

Let us know how you do next time, sounds like you will do well!:)

I would also like to add that I hold them on my lap and clip their nails.:D

You Too Can Do This!:D

Latest posts

Back