Clingy Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenelopeBun

Reaction score
Should I be concerned about how attached Penelope is? She is free range most of the time, and will follow me around my house, sleeps on the pillow next to me at night and is constantly seeking cuddles and attention from me! She very rarely leaves my side. I was originally told when I rescued her that she was 8 weeks, but from what the vets have said and the size she is know I believe that she was only about 4 weeks when I rescued her from the centre, could this have anything to do with it?

I am having to leave her with a friend for 2 days in a few weeks as I am going to a wedding and it will be the first time I’ll be away from her? Do you think she will be okay? IMG_3094.jpgIMG_3019.jpg

Rabbits will bond with each other to form a close companionship. In the absence of a rabbit companion, rabbits can form close bonds with their human caretakers too. The biggest issue that I can see for a rabbit that has so closely bonded with a person, is that when you have to be gone it can be extremely upsetting for the rabbit, even to the point that some rabbits will stop eating. Which of course can be very bad and end up causing GI stasis in some instances.

So with you planning on leaving for a few days, that is something you will want to take into account and make sure your buns eating, drinking, and pooping is closely monitored in your absence. If she knows your friend very well, this could help some. Hopefully with it only being a couple of days, it won't be so long as to upset your bun too much.

Back