Climbing bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliceBunny

Reaction score
Hi all!

My rabbit had been settling into our home nicely and as she has relaxed and felt more at home she is also gotten more adventurous. Her number one favorite thing to do is climb! And its much more extreme than just jumping onto the couches and beds, she finds ways to climb up book shelves and coffee tables and really any furniture in the house. Otherwise she is a very good bunny and doesn't chew or scratch anything she is not suppose to. I'm worried she is going to fall and hurt herself!

She has even learned how to escape her puppy pen by climbing it like a latter. She can't jump over it but she uses the horizontal bars like a ladder and escapes. Even if I put a blanket over the top she just climbs anyway and pushes herself through the blanket. I have a crazy rabbit!

It's not unusual for rabbits to climb. If you wanted to stop her climbing out of the pen, you could get some coreflute/coroplast or cardboard and attach about an 8-10 inch wide strip around the inside of it near the top. That way she would only be able to climb up to a certain point.

I'm very fortunate that Bandit hasn't learned how to climb like that :p

Latest posts

Back