Clicker Training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdith4him

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking about getting a clicker and the Getting Started: Clicking with Your Rabbit book. Has anyone tried the clicker method? What was your experience with it? Did your rabbit(s) catch on quickly?

It sounds like a great technique and it'd be great to have Nibbles and Junie just respond to their names! Let me know how/if it worked for you.

I know people have mentioned using a clicker. Maybe you can find the posts with the search feature. As I recall, they had success.

Hey, I have a clicker and started training my rabbit. I taught him to stand up on command (which took about 10 mins), and spin (which took about a few hours)! I think it's a really great training method for all rabbits and even other pets.

I think clicker training is a great way to bond with your bunny.

My Rascal is pretty stubborn - he will only do tricks if he really wants a treat. He knows verbal and signal commands, but will only do them when he feels like it. He knows his name, but won't usually come when I call.

So far he knows spin, stand up, he'll give me a kiss on the nose, and he'll give me his paw.

He is picky about the brand of raisins (the treat), too! They have to be Dole, apparently, haha.

Good luck with your buns - they might surprise you!

I like Barbara Heidenreich BunnyTraining.com
or Karen Pryor www.clickertraining.com
Both are awesome trainers and great at showing how to get use to the clicker. I clicker trained my rabbit too. I found the timing of the click and treat to be a challenge but once I got my timing down she picked it up so fast. Once you get the behviors down you can put them to cues and not use the clicker unless you are learning something new or reviewing. It is a great method of training for all kinds of species. I always joke that my animals are training me to click by doing what they do and in return TREATS!

BugLady wrote:
He is picky about the brand of raisins (the treat), too! They have to be Dole, apparently, haha.

Wow, that IS picky. Other brands might work if you soaked them 1st, maybe in orange juice. I know I'd rather have any old brand that way. That'd be more messy, but you could store in refrig. Probably more bother than it's worth & we unfussy humans can always eat the things they won't,other than hay & pellets, that is, lol.

Latest posts

Back